Manufacturing Engineer Food Production Jobs Vacancy in Trufoodmfg Pittsburgh
Trufoodmfg Pittsburgh urgently required following position for Manufacturing Engineer Food Production. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manufacturing Engineer Food Production Jobs Vacancy in Trufoodmfg Pittsburgh Jobs Details:
TruFoodMfg is a leading contract manufacturer of private-label nutrition bars, protein bars, chocolate moulded products and baked goods. These products are sold at club, grocery, drug, convenience, and department stores worldwide.
The company currently operates 3 high-speed food processing facilities in Pittsburgh PA (Fox Chapel 15238).
TruFoodMfg is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. In this very hands-on role, the Manufacturing Engineer will spend 90% of his or her time on the shop floor conducting a multitude of technical tasks in cooperation with plant maintenance and operations leadership. A strong, working knowledge of PLCs is critical for this role.
Key job responsibilities to include;
- Troubleshoot various high-level technical problems throughout the manufacturing operation using hand tools, power tools and software applications
- Identify, install and commission various processes and/or assets in a effort to continually optimize operations performance
- Interface regularly with OEMs to ensure equipment is properly tooled and standardized to optimize manufacturing performance
- Act as the plant liaison between OEMs and plant maintenance staff
- Regularly perform PLC installations, diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Actively support plant maintenance efforts during equipment faults and/or breakdowns
- Actively participate in line changeovers in order to drive process standardization, reduce changeover time and maximize opportunities for preventative maintenance activities
- Act as a senior technical advisor to plant maintenance and operations leadership across all areas of the operation
- Interface regularly with customers' technical resources to ensure a clear and cooperative working relationship
- Actively participate in any assigned continuous improvement teams and/or projects
Job qualifications to include;
- 10+ years of experience relevant to the bullet points listed above
- 2-year or 4-year degree in a relatable field
- Proven experience working in a hands-on engineering role in a high-speed manufacturing operation
- Formal PLC training
- The ability and willingness to be on-call to support manufacturing efforts during off hours
- The ability to work weekends on an as-needed basis
- Experience working in food, a big plus
Compensation and benefits to include;
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Quarterly salary bonuses
- Major medical, dental and vision coverage
- Matched 401k
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work scheduling
Job Type: Full-time