Americorps Vista Development And Communications Associate Jobs Vacancy in South Bronx United Bronx
- Americorps Vista Development And Communications Associate
- South Bronx United
- Bronx NY
- 12 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
South Bronx United Bronx urgently required following position for Americorps Vista Development And Communications Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Americorps Vista Development And Communications Associate Jobs Vacancy in South Bronx United Bronx Jobs Details:
South Bronx United is seeking energetic, caring individuals who are passionate about helpng provide youth in the South Bronx with the resources they need to succeed, to join our staff as an Americorps VISTA Development Associate. A VISTA Development Associate will increase South Bronx United’s capacity for development, fundraising, and marketing. He/she will have hands on work contributing to strategic and development plans, planning guides, donor databases, research and prospect lists, promotional materials, social media and newsletters, press releases, media inquiries, and more.
This is a full time position. A living stipend will be offered in accordance with an full-time position offered through the Americorps VISTA Program. The South Bronx United VISTA position is a partnership with Up2Us.
- Event Planning & Coordination: The Development Associate will assist with the planning and coordination of SBU’s 4th Annual Benefit, as well as supporting smaller fundraising events.
- Marketing & Public Relations: Associate will coordinate periodic marketing/promotional events and analyze their impact on the organization. Associate will work closely with the SBU Junior Board and the Executive Director on marketing, public relations, and community presence efforts, while playing an important role in maintain/improving SBU’s social media presence.
- Building Relationships and Donor Database: Associate will prospect for potential donors, sponsors, and supporters, cultivate relationships with existing donors, and document fundraising strategies.
- Fundraising Research: Associate will learn and implement strategies for researching potential new funders.
- Grantwriting: Associate will support grant writing efforts, including foundation outreach efforts.
- South Bronx United, 594 Grand Concourse, Suite 2, Bronx, NY 10451
- Monday – Friday, 10:00-6:00; Occasional Saturday/Sundays for weekend events
A living stipend is provided of approximately $15,000. An educational award of $5,775 that can used towards student loans or future educational expenses is provided on successful completion of the one year service term. Certain benefits are also provided. Learn more about the VISTA program at http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista
HOW TO APPLY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume