Mechanical Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Tesla Palo Alto
Tesla Palo Alto urgently required following position for Mechanical Design Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Tesla Palo Alto Jobs Details:
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing talent in all disciplines. Our world-class engineering teams operate with a philosophy of high interdisciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure and technical contribution recognized at all levels. Mechanical engineering at Tesla requires strong engineering skills, a passion to push the boundaries of technology, and the drive to make your designs successful.
You will be expected to create and to innovate, with a genuine passion for engineering the best products in the world. You must be excited to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. You must have both strong self-motivation and a team player mentality, to work alongside world-renowned engineers on projects that will change the future.
Successful candidates for this role will have demonstrated excellence by a combination of both aptitude and past projects.
- Use CAD to design innovative and state of the art ultra high volume mechanical components.
- Generate prototypes and support development of manufacturing process and automation for optimizing performance and cost.
- Determine required tolerances using GD&T and produce drawings for release to suppliers.
- Conduct DFMEA and Fault Tree analysis.
- Compose documentation, written communications and deliver technical presentations as assigned.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers and suppliers and test engineers to transition conceptual design to production.
- Research and benchmark competitive technologies and their innovative designs.
- BS, preferably MS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering especially if work experience is limited.
- Strong knowledge of material properties and applications.
- Understanding of how to design for manufacturing processes including stamping, drawing, injection molding, precision sheet metal, die cutting, metal welding, plating, extrusion.
- In-depth understanding about mass production, 6 sigma and automation.
- Knowledge of electrochemistry and cell chemistry.
- Experience of battery pack and module design.
- Machine shop fabrication.
- Prior experience with data acquisition and test equipment.
To be considered for this role, please send a current resume and cover letter to PEControls@Tesla.com
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program