Corrections Counselor Jobs Vacancy in Commonwealth Harrisburg
Commonwealth Harrisburg urgently required following position for Corrections Counselor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Corrections Counselor Jobs Vacancy in Commonwealth Harrisburg Jobs Details:
- Work Hours – Days and Hours To Be Determined
- 40 hour work week
- This position is eligible for full retirement benefits at age 50 or 55
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
The Corrections Counselor 1 will maintain a caseload of assigned inmates. They will administer and analyze aptitude and interest tests, compile socio-demographic histories, and develop case records, which include initial, medical, psychological, and psychiatric evaluations, tests and measurements, and final clinical evaluations.
If you have the required experience and wish to explore a rewarding career that offers the opportunity to share your skills while earning a great salary and benefits, the PA Department of Corrections at the Bureau of Community Corrections Region 2 District Office wants to hear from you!
- Must meet PA residency requirement
- PA Residency Required.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- You must pass a background investigation
- A conditional offer of employment will require a medical examination
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107; Telephone (215) 560-2253
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219; Telephone (412) 565-7666
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)