Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Quest Global Engineering
Quest Global Engineering urgently required following position for Design Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Quest Global Engineering Jobs Details:
- In this role you will develop design configurations and create Unigraphics solid models of design concepts to customer specifications, primarily for tooling used with gas turbine engines.
- Create sketches of solid models of design concepts
- Generate new design concepts to provide engineering solutions
- Perform reviews of vendor’s tool designs to ensure all requirements for the tools are met
- Repair manuals, repair design and overhaul and repair experience as a whole
- Work in a fast-paced, team environment to meet quick deadlines
- Make design change recommendations, document the work, and present the findings to our clients.
- Support quotation efforts with accurate estimates of design time required to complete tasks
- Create Design Substantiation Memos which includes documenting all work, presenting findings to our customers, and making recommendations
- Provide on-the-job training, mentoring, and guidance to less experienced tool design engineers
- Assist in identifying opportunities for improvement and take ownership for implementation
Secondary Job Functions:
At QuEST, we often challenge our team members to temporarily work outside the scope of their primary job functions to broaden their skills and help the organization. Some of these roles and opportunities include:
- Execution within multiple services
- Project Management: Execution and Support
- Technical Leadership and Technical Reviews
- Develop work instructions to ensure repeatability
- Personnel Management
- Onboarding and Professional Development: collaborate and mentor QuEST Team Members
- Cross-functional teams
- Geographic re-assignments
- Account Management and Sales
- Enabler roles, such as Human Resources, Technology Development, and IT
- Quality Management and Continuous Improvement
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of tool design experience is required, preferably in the aerospace industry
- Strong communication, teaming, and organizational skills required
- GD&T and/or drafting experience is required
- Experience with solid modeling tools, especially Unigraphics, is preferred
- Knowledge of high-end manufacturing equipment and processes (castings, metal cutting, turning, coatings, milling, EDM, welding, sheet metal/composite forming and joining, metal tube bending)
- Proficiency of the MS Office Suite with good writing skills
- Candidates must be US Citizen or Permanent Residents
Personal Work Attributes
- Self-motivated, assertive, disciplined, passionate, and organized
- Able to work in a fast-paced, learning environment, meeting quick deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal and networking skills
Core Value Alignment:
Customer Focus: Strive to exceed our customers’ expectations each and every time
Teamwork: Draw strength from teamwork / collaboration irrespective of geographical, organizational, and cultural boundaries.
Accountability: We shall be quality conscious, process disciplined and strive for continuous improvement.
Change Championship: The speed at which we adapt is critical to our success.
QuEST’s continued success is based on the sustained alignment to the core values. Please be prepared to discuss the alignment of your personal values to these core values.
Typical Career Paths
- Technical Leadership: provide technical guidance, review other team members’ work, evaluate capabilities, develop team competencies, develop and improve technical processes, create technical collateral, and create technical tools.
- Managerial Leadership: project management, personnel management, alignment of team members’ efforts, set and evaluates annual goals, performance feedback, hire and onboard, and strategic business decision-making.
- QuEST is a rapidly growing world-wide company with a need for future global engineering leaders in our operations and sales organizations. Potential future roles could include operational business unit leader, global sales leader, or technical service line leader.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments. Occasional Shop Floor involvement
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9 AM to 4 PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.