School Based Prevention Specialist Charlotte Jobs Vacancy in Caron Treatment Center Charlotte
Caron Treatment Center Charlotte urgently required following position for School Based Prevention Specialist Charlotte. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
School Based Prevention Specialist Charlotte Jobs Vacancy in Caron Treatment Center Charlotte Jobs Details:
- Provide consultation, assessment and referral for students identified by the student assistance teams in each individual school when needed.
- Provide technical assistance (i.e. Team Maintenance session’s etc.) to all school SAP teams requesting such.
- Facilitate entrance to treatment programs for students and school districts when needed.
- Deliver Project CONNECT and approved student assistance curriculums to schools and other agencies when requested. This delivery involves group, individual, classroom and assembly facilitation.
- Provide in-services on alcohol, tobacco and other drugs to faculty or agency staff when requested.
- Provide parent education on alcohol, tobacco and other drugs when requested.
- Participate in staff meetings and report progress as well as areas of concern.
- Complete all documentation (i.e. KIT entries, reporting etc.) and submit to supervisor.
- Market and promote programs to all schools as requested by supervisor.
This job description reflects management’s assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the task that may be assigned.
** This position will be working around 20 hours per week, within the Charlotte- Mecklenburg School districts.
- Must be able to present to audiences in large and small group settings, which may require long periods of time and be of multiple presentations.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of the Project CONNECT Facilitator Training, upon hire when deemed appropriate.
- Completion of Caron’s Commonwealth Approved Student Assistance Program training, upon hire when deemed appropriate.
- To complete other trainings as assigned such as Life Skills, and PATHS.
- A minimum of 1 year working with adolescents preferably in a school-based or public health setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in human service and/or education or related field required.
- Education related to adolescent development and chemical dependency.
- If in recovery, two years of uninterrupted sobriety preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective communication skills including interactive public speaking and active listening skills.
- Computer literate and able to work with Microsoft products and its network components.
- Fluid communication skills that foster teamwork and high morale. Further, must be able to promote services in the media such as radio, print and television.
- Must be familiar with and be able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of various 12-step fellowships, upon hire.
- Knowledge of adolescent development.
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Strong knowledge of chemical dependency, and tobacco cessation and the impact of this on school-based services.