Patient Services Specialist Medical Front Office Floater Lakeway Jobs Vacancy in Baylor Institute For Rehabilitation Lakeway
- Patient Services Specialist Medical Front Office Floater Lakeway
- Baylor Institute For Rehabilitation
- Lakeway TX
- 24 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Baylor Institute For Rehabilitation Lakeway urgently required following position for Patient Services Specialist Medical Front Office Floater Lakeway. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Patient Services Specialist Medical Front Office Floater Lakeway Jobs Vacancy in Baylor Institute For Rehabilitation Lakeway Jobs Details:
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
- Greet patients and visitors to the facility in a pleasant tone and timely and courteous manner.
- Answer and direct all telephone calls.
- Accurately schedule patients for appointments.
- Obtain patient, billing and insurance information in order to maintain current and accurate information in patient files, documentation software (TherapySource) and in RT billing system.
- Prepare forms and reports as well as conduct billing or collection activities as necessary.
- Perform general clerical functions including a working knowledge of all front desk duties.
- Coordinate patient charts and appointments to ensure timely service.
- Verify insurance eligibility of patients and authorization to determine if services are covered.
- Provide information to patients advising them of their financial responsibility and payment required at each visit.
- Administer quality assurance programs to ensure patient satisfaction with facility.
- Ensure timely reporting of key clinic statistics to management for sales, revenue and patient flow.
- Maintain a system of controls for cash receipts, including daily entry in TherapySource and RT and daily reconciliation processes to ensure proper handling of monies received.
- Foster and support a workplace culture that emphasizes the importance of Customer Service.
- Work with patients, doctors, payors, CBO, and internal departments of Baylor Rehab and Select Medical to resolve concerns and problems.
- Adjust work schedule, in the event the needs of the facility change.
- Travel to non-home location clinic or other site for training or coverage when necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Courses in bookkeeping and accounting OR work experience in a healthcare or related setting.
- One to two years medical billing and administrative experience preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and relate ideas effectively with staff members, supportive personnel, management staff, third party payers, patients, and physicians.
- Must have strong skills in computer equipment and software, detailed documentation, problem-solving and excellent customer service.