Manager Manufacturing Continuous Improvement Jobs Vacancy in Biomarin Novato
Biomarin Novato urgently required following position for Manager Manufacturing Continuous Improvement. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Manufacturing Continuous Improvement Jobs Vacancy in Biomarin Novato Jobs Details:
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Continuous Improvement Manager
The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for leading continuous improvement projects utilizing DMAIC, Lean, Hu, H&OP, and managing the continuous improvement project portfolio for the Gene Therapy Operations. The Continuous Improvement Manager will collaborate with Manufacturing Operations leadership and staff to drive the execution of improvement initiatives for deployment of the site Continuous Improvement strategy, focusing on workflow and cost efficiencies. The role will maintain systems for improvement idea intake, including business case definition, and project prioritization.
The role reports into the Sr. Director of Gene Therapy Manufacturing in Novato, California. Minimal travel is required.
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
- Lead local Continuous Improvement initiatives using Lean Manufacturing and Hu principles to realize efficiency gains and cost savings in alignment with site strategy.
- Lead cross-functional teams for high priority, complex initiatives.
- Manage the continuous improvement projects and staff to identify initiatives and define the business case.
- Develop, collect, and report relevant metrics to measure the impact of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage the Gene Therapy Facility Continuous Improvement project portfolio, communicate initiatives and gains realized and provide updates on the portfolio to the site via communication boards, department website, etc.
- Maintain alignment and share learning and best practices with counterparts at our sister manufacturing site in Shanbally, Ireland, our Protein Production Facilities (Galli) and with the global Business Process Engineering department in Novato.
- Seek, share, and strategically implement best practices and promote industry standards and the use of the most effective methodologies to enhance productivity and reduce cost.
- Ownership and Accountability: Takes accountability for actions, drives results, and able to learn from mistakes. Delivers on promises, goals, and expectations. Makes quality decisions and resolves problems with minimal delay as appropriate. Asks “what can I do to help?”
- Collaborative Leadership: Ability to influence with or without authority and able to facilitate groups with diverse perspectives and bring teams to alignment. High tolerance for ambiguity and able to create order from chaos. Builds credibility through solid relationships and solid track record of results.
- Planning/Organization: Excellent planning and prioritization skills. Able to synthesize large amounts of information. Able to deliver results despite shifting environment.
- Analytical Problem Solving: Ability to identify problems, define problem statement clearly and accurately apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root causes. Innovative and effective in solution development, risk mitigation, and execution.
- Customer focused: Partners with customers, listens to their needs, strives to provide consistent customer satisfaction. Looks ahead to predict future customer needs and manages expectations.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively up and down at all levels of the organization and present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity. Ability to draft and deliver clear and concise procedures or business process documents.
- Direct experience with on-the-floor Manufacturing Operations is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, business management, information systems, or related field.
- BS with minimum 8 years / MS with minimum 6 years experience in bio-tech/pharmaceutical operations required with a proven track record of successfully leading, facilitating and managing large, cross-functional, business process improvement (Operational Excellence) initiatives.
- Minimum of 2 years of project management experience required.
- Sound knowledge of drug manufacturing processes in a health authority regulated environment.
- Experience with process mapping
- Knowledge of performance measurement tools and metrics.
- Working knowledge of electronic GMP systems (Trackwise, LIMS, CMMS, Oracle EBS, etc.) preferred.
- Familiarity with Visio or other process mapping tools preferred.
- Excellent facilitation, change management, interpersonal and problem solving skills required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.