Economic Assistance Benefits Specialist Jobs Vacancy in South Dakota State Government Huron
South Dakota State Government Huron urgently required following position for Economic Assistance Benefits Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Economic Assistance Benefits Specialist Jobs Vacancy in South Dakota State Government Huron Jobs Details:
For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/.
Why the Department of Social Services?
At the Department of Social Services (DSS), family is everything. It's the foundation of what we do every day through provision of services to strengthen and support the citizens of South Dakota. Our work is driven with our vision to build Strong Families, South Dakota's Foundation and Our Future. We believe families have the right to be safe and secure. We also believe in respecting individual and cultural differences by treating people with dignity, fairness, and respect. And, we believe in collaborative communications, teamwork, partnerships and trust for essential family services. Sound intriguing?
As a Department of Social Services employee, you will have a chance to experience:
- Creativity - We are always looking for innovative ideas to help us achieve improved outcomes.
- Making a difference- You will have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of fellow South Dakotans.
- Professional development - We provide valuable trainings to ensure staff is well-trained, competent, accountable and empowered and will assist you in reaching your career goals.
- Teamwork - In a team-oriented approach, you will have the ability to work cooperatively with others in a friendly work environment to achieve shared goals.
Who we want:
- a highly motivated and experienced person with a passion for serving the public and displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments and goals;
- a compassionate individual who listens attentively to others and clearly conveys information and ideas;
- a dependable and organized individual who effectively plans and organizes work activities;
- a person who is dedicated and who will represent the Department of Social Service with integrity and enthusiasm;
- an individual who works cooperatively with others and promotes a friendly work climate in order to achieve shared goals.
What you will do:
We are currently looking to hire an individual who is excited to serve the public.
This position assesses and analyzes current life circumstances and financial capabilities to provide assistance and services to low income individuals and their families by interviewing, counseling, and identifying available resources; obtaining records, verifying collateral information and determining eligibility for multiple social service programs; responding to public inquiries regarding social services and benefits; and interpreting rules, regulations, and policies to ensure appropriate benefits and services are provided in an effective and expedient manner to assist in the individual's basic self-sufficiency.
To be considered, you must complete a DSS questionnaire, specific to this job, and attach it to your application.
- Adobe Reader is required. You can download the software for free from https://get.adobe.com/reader/ .
- Click http://bhr.sd.gov/dss/QEABenefitsSpecialist.pdf to access the questionnaire.
- Save or download the questionnaire to your computer. *Do not complete the questionnaire online within your browser. You may lose entered information.
- Open the saved questionnaire and complete.
- Once complete, select File and then Save as. Save the questionnaire to include your last name in the file name. * To ensure your information is saving, complete a small section, save as, and open.
- Attach the questionnaire to the attachments section of your application as the DSS Questionnaire document type.
A bachelor's degree in social science, behavioral science, or other human service related fields, business administration, public administration, education, or public health, and/or experience in health care administration, finance, accounting, or insurance is preferred. Entry level knowledge and abilities may be acquired through any combination of training and/or experience that will enable the incumbent to possess the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The ideal candidate will:
- communicate effectively and efficiently;
- successfully plan and organize work activities, adjust to multiple demands, and prioritize tasks to complete assignments and meet schedules and deadlines;
- demonstrate compassion, respect, courtesy and tact when interacting with others;
- display confidence and innovation despite adversity;
- establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with stakeholders;
- understand concepts related to client confidentiality;
- have the ability to comprehend, interpret and apply policies, procedures, laws and regulations;
- prepare clear and concise documentation, reports and correspondence that reflect relevant facts;
- assume initiative with minimal supervision.
Equally important will be a strong work ethic and the comprehension of critical thinking and problem solving techniques. If you believe in strengthening and supporting strong families and investing in South Dakota's future, you may have found the dream job you've been waiting for!
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information visit http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus/workbenefits.aspx. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.