Rapid Rehousing Case Manager Jobs Vacancy in Housing Washington
Housing Washington urgently required following position for Rapid Rehousing Case Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Rapid Rehousing Case Manager Jobs Vacancy in Housing Washington Jobs Details:
Chronic homelessness for families in DC is down by 20%! Largely, this is because of the success of the Family Rehousing Stabilization Program (FRSP) across the District. Housing Up has been providing FRSP to families for almost a decade. In that time, our skilled case managers have helped hundreds of families leave the shelter, obtain their own apartment, and become more self-sufficient. Over the past three years, 96% of Housing Up families have not returned to the system for shelter or services after exiting our FRSP program.
We are expanding our program again and are looking for people who are passionate about access to affordable housing. If you are excited about helping even more families regain their dignity though this Program, then WE WANT YOU!
We need people who:
- have a Bachelor's degree in a Human Services field; and
- have a valid driver's license
HOUSING UP is one of the leading non-profit organizations in Washington DC providing the full spectrum of housing and supportive services to more than 500 homeless and at-risk families so that they can transform their own lives. Housing programs include permanent supportive, rapid rehousing, transitional, and affordable rental housing. Supportive services include case management, employment services, clinical services, housing counseling, resident services, life skills and youth programming.
The Rapid Rehousing Case Manager is responsible for providing home-based case management services for families experiencing homelessness who are rehoused in apartments throughout the District. The primary goal is to assist families in addressing the barriers to maintaining permanent housing using a strengths-based, Housing First approach. Functions performed include housing location, family goal planning, connection to community resources, home visits, rental payment monitoring, landlord engagement, and problem solving with other Case Managers. Work is accomplished by advising and motivating program participants to accomplish goals in their Family Service Plan.
- Coordinate with Housing Up Housing Team to locate housing options for families
- Develop and update Family Goal Plans with program participants using a family case management approach, assisting them to set and prioritize short and long-range goals
- Complete monthly home visits to support families in performing the tasks required to maintain housing stability, including on-time payment of rent and household maintenance
- Conduct regular family assessments with a standardized tool used by Housing Up
- Work with the family to resolve issues with the landlord, as needed
- Provide referrals as needed to Housing Up supportive services (Clinical and Family Success Program) and work collaboratively as a team to advance the goals of the client
- Maintain current records in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) database and other case files, documenting interactions with families in the standardized format used by Housing Up
- Capture daily and monthly statistics and other required reports as directed
- Maintain effective working relationships with other agencies to which (and from which) participants may be referred, regularly contributing to Housing Up’s resource directory/database
- Participate in Housing Up special events, helping to share information about Housing Up and working, as needed, to ensure event success
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as required by supervisor
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field
APPLICABLE EXPERIENCE, Knowledge, and Skills
- Experience working with families, homelessness, mental health, and/or substance abuse that reflects an understanding of the causes of homelessness is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of the strengths-based, client-centered approach
- Demonstrated cultural competence
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent listening and problem-solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of community resources available to families
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible, adapt and adjust to rapid change within a fast paced and growth oriented environment
- High confidence level in working independently
- Possess and maintain a positive, solution oriented approach
Work Environment/Physical Effort
- Must be willing to travel to different locations throughout Washington DC and perform home visits in any neighborhood
- Requires ability to sit up to 3-6 hours per day with intermittent occasional walking and standing
- Housing Up office hours are 9am-5pm, but case managers are expected to adjust their schedules to accommodate family case management and perform visits on evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be available to participate in after hours on-call rotation, as well as be on call during inclement weather
- Knowledge of MS Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle is required, as well as proof of auto insurance
- May require some weekend and evening hours
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Case Management: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)