Fashion Specialist Far Rockaway Jobs Vacancy in New York Edge New York
New York Edge New York urgently required following position for Fashion Specialist Far Rockaway. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Fashion Specialist Far Rockaway Jobs Vacancy in New York Edge New York Jobs Details:
Fashion/Sewing Specialists must demonstrate knowledge and experience in a wide variety of fashion design, sewing, and/or draping materials and techniques, as well as demonstrate the ability to teach youth through developmentally appropriate lessons. Activity specialists are responsible for sequential lesson planning based on the New York Edge Curriculum, classroom preparation for fashion art activities, teaching and holding students to established standards, and adapting the New York State Arts Learning Standards in order to create an engaging and rewarding activity that encourages participation in New York Edge programs.
- Prepare and teach sequential skill-building lesson plans based on New York Edge Visual Arts Curriculum and Units
- Define objectives for all lessons and clearly communicate objectives to students
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the students' varying needs, interests, and developmental levels
- Prepare art materials and classrooms for art making activities
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible
- Explain principles, techniques, and safety procedures to students, and demonstrate proper handling of art materials, tools, and equipment, including cleanup
- Assist with coordinating and facilitating student trips to Museums
- Help students observe, discuss, and write about their art
- Promote positive character development in all youth
- Organize and promote interest in the Visual Arts at the school site level
- Attend Visual Arts Workshop training sessions, participate, and take notes
- Help plan and set-up all aspects of art shows (as applicable)
- Contribute content for website for the arts
New York Edge Specialists are expected to provide homework support during Academic hour
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in fashion design and/or sewing
- Must have prior experience successfully teaching and instructing youth
- Must have knowledge in a variety of art, illustration, and garment making techniques, equipment, terminology, and vocabulary
- Must be responsible, reliable and punctual
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must provide a current portfolio highlighting artistic skills and teaching experience
- High school diploma
- Minimum of two years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required
- Passion for New York Edge mission
- Interest in the field of education and youth development
- Able to work during after-school hours, i.e. 2:30-6pm
- Certifications and credentials related to the visual arts and the fashion industry are highly preferred
About New York Edge
New York Edge, formerly known as Sports & Arts in Schools Foundation (SASF), a non-profit organization, is one of the largest providers of school-based after-school programs in New York City and the metropolitan region. New York Edge serves more than 50,000 students in over 300 public schools. These students typically live in low-income neighborhoods and attend academically struggling schools in grades K-12.