Procurement Specialist Trainee Jobs Vacancy in County Sonoma Santa Rosa
County Sonoma Santa Rosa urgently required following position for Procurement Specialist Trainee. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Procurement Specialist Trainee Jobs Vacancy in County Sonoma Santa Rosa Jobs Details:
Enhance your experience in purchasing, contracts, and eProcurement. Join the County of Sonoma's General Services Team as a Procurement Specialist
Starting salary up to $28.49/hour ($59,462/year)
Plus, cash allowance of approximately $600/month*
Note: If you are interested in applying for the Procurement Specialist position, you will need to apply to the separate, concurrent recruitment.
Working at the County of Sonoma offers expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing you're working to better our communities. You can also look forward to excellent benefits* including:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $500 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County paid premium contribution to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
- With experience and good work performance, this position also offers career advancement to Procurement Specialist/Buyer ($56,623-68,833/year)
Your Role as a Procurement Specialist Trainee
As a Procurement Specialist Trainee you will learn how to purchase, or negotiate to purchase, items in both general and specialized commodity areas, such as equipment, materials, services, construction, or data processing. You will learn how to work with department officials to determine needs, initiate and process requisitions, resolve problems concerning goods or billing, correspond with vendors, and review bids for legal correctness, price, and acceptability.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Some experience with Request for Proposal and Request for Qualifications processes
- Knowledge of bid process management
- The proven ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Experience working with Oracle (PeopleSoft) eProcurement
- Possession of, or actively pursuing, a Certified Professional Supply Manager (C.P.S.M.), Certified Professional Public Buyer (C.P.P.B.), and/or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (C.P.P.O.) certification(s)
- Salary is negotiable within the established range. Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. Additional information can found in the Service Employees International Union Local 1021 Memorandum Of Understanding (SEIU MOU).
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED.
License: Possession of a valid driver's license at the appropriate level, including special endorsements as required by the State of California, may be required depending upon assignment to perform the essential job functions of the position.
Knowledge of: principles and practices relating to purchasing management, including ethics and standards of purchasing practices, specification writing, bid preparation and evaluation, competitive bidding, quality control and material management; effective methods of written and oral communications, including language mechanics and composition; accounting and budgetary controls, commercial law and market research techniques, human relations, concepts and practices required for effectively negotiating purchases.
Ability to: analyze requisitions, research, and prepare specifications; evaluate bids and make awards impartially and objectively; establish and maintain effective working relationships with county management personnel, employees, sales representatives and the public in carrying out sound purchasing principles and practices; effectively communicate orally and in writing; prepare written reports and maintain records; organize and prioritize workload for efficient management of time.
- Your application information and your responses to the supplemental questions are evaluated and taken into consideration throughout the entire selection process.
- You should list all employers and positions held within the last ten years in the work history section of your application. Be as thorough as possible when responding to the supplemental questions.
- You may include history beyond ten years if related to the position for which you are applying. If you held multiple positions with one employer, list out each position separately.
- Failure to follow these instructions may impact your competitiveness in this process or may result in disqualification.
Please visit Getting a Job with the County of Sonoma to review more detailed information about the application, examination, and department selection processes.
The selection procedure will consist of the following examination:
An Application & Supplemental Questionnaire Appraisal Examination (weight 100%) will be conducted to evaluate each applicant's application and supplemental questionnaire for satisfaction of minimum qualifications (pass/not pass); and for educational coursework, training, experience, knowledge, and abilities which relate to this position. Each applicant will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of work history, related experience, and achieved level of education and/or training as described in the application and responses to the supplemental questions.
A background investigation is required prior to employment. Candidates referred to departments for a selection interview are typically required to sign authorization and release forms enabling such an investigation. Failure to sign prescribed forms will result in the candidate not being considered further for that vacancy. Reference information will not be made available to applicants.
Additional requirements, such as successful completion of a physical exam, drug screen, etc., may apply, depending on the duties and responsibilities of the position. If you receive a conditional job offer for the position, the requirements upon which the offer are contingent will be outlined in the conditional job letter. You may also review the Job Classification Screening Schedule to determine the requirements for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are accepted on-line at: www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org. Paper applications may be submitted by person, fax (707-565-3770), email, or through the mail. All applications and appropriate supplemental information as outlined in the job bulletin must be RECEIVED by the time and date specified on the first page of this job announcement. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted.
The County of Sonoma prioritizes and is committed to continuously providing a workplace where equal employment opportunity is afforded to all people. Please view the County's Equal Employment Opportunity Policy for further information.
HR Analyst: AK
HR Technician: EP