Accounting Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Catholic Charities Kansas City Joseph Kansas City
Catholic Charities Kansas City Joseph Kansas City urgently required following position for Accounting Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Catholic Charities Kansas City Joseph Kansas City Jobs Details:
Assist the CFO in creating a compliant, efficient, and effective accounting/finance department. Manages relationships with users of accounting services, both internal and external to the Agency, in a positive, productive manner so the department is seen as a welcoming, key contributor to the organizations mission. To those ends, this position manages Staff Accountants to ensure the timely and accurate creation, review, and approval of accounting entries and financial statements. Helps ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures and protocols. Takes a lead role in grant budget, billing and reporting processes for the Agency. Proactively communicates accounting information as appropriate throughout the Agency. Continuously searches for, and implements, process improvements.
- Monitors the daily performance of the accounting department staff. Uses benchmarks as appropriate.
- Directly supervises staff accountants and manages their workload and responsibilities.
- Decides the best allocation of accounting staff resources.
- Trains staff on proper methods of performing work.
- Ensures staff compliance with policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Helps staff accountants explore new growth opportunities.
- Participates in annual performance evaluation process for assigned staff.
Grant/Contract Management Duties
- Responsible, in cooperation with the CFO, for overall grant financial management and reporting.
- Manages directly or by delegation, the accurate and timely recording of grant revenues and expenditures, and grant invoicing, in accordance with award requirements.
- Manages directly or by delegation, the timely production of grant/contract financials monthly, quarterly, annually as needed.
- Meets with appropriate Director and Program Manager Staff monthly to communicate grant and contract information.
- Continually educates colleagues on proper coding to ensure accurate financials.
- Communicates with Grantor Institutions where necessary.
- Develops scalable processes and implement process improvements to expand grant and contract capacity in the Accounting department.
- Manages directly or by delegation, the daily and period end accounting processes for the organization.
- Ensures all payables are made timely and receivables are collected timely.
- Oversees calculating, posting, and verification of financial data* Prepares or approves daily, monthly, and annual journal entries.
- Prepares or approves adjusting/closing journal entries prior to review by the CFO.
- Ensures the month and year end is accurately closed by stated deadlines.
- Ensures all accrued, deferred, and prepaid accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Recommends appropriate balance write-offs and adjustments to the CFO.
- Ensures fixed assets are being recorded and depreciated properly.
- Ensures accounting records are updated, complete, and accurate.
- Fills in for staff accountants as necessary when they are absent.
- Produces or assists in preparation of monthly financial statements, as directed by the CFO.
- Communicates proforma cash flow information to the CFO as requested.
- Researches financial transactions to ensure accuracy.
- Assists with budget development and cash forecasting support. Delegates as necessary.
- Supports CFO and external auditors in the annual audit process and preparing tax forms, Form 990, Form 5500, etc. Produce audit documents as required.
- Works with CFO to ensures and verify timely Payroll, 401K, pension, and insurance payments.
- Works with CFO on financial analysis of grant proposals and other new ventures.
- Works with external CPA firm on monthly Agreed Upon Procedures (AUP) review, if applicable.
- Stands in for CFO in meetings, as necessary.
- Works with CFO on Accounting system maintenance and design (i.e., department dashboards, etc.).
- Suggests updates to department procedures and protocols.
- Works with CFO on random accounting entry audits.
- Works with CFO to ensure Chart of Accounts are current.
- Assists with banking transactions as needed.
- Completes other assigned duties/areas of responsibility as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Three (3) years of accounting experience required, Five (5) years preferred.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Non-Profit accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with grant accounting preferred.
- Experience in Auditing preferred.
- CPA certification a plus.
- Strong understanding of accrual-based accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially advanced MS Excel expertise (including pivot tables, lookups, filtering, and sorting, etc.).
- Excellent organizational habits.
- Detail oriented. Keeps accurate books and records.
- Professional demeanor and a “willing spirit”.
- Ability to “think outside the box” and envision multiple solutions to problems (within compliance guidelines), effectively discuss options with others, and help select the best solution.
- Able to consistently meet deadlines and produce timely and accurate data in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate complicated information to non-accounting management.
- Ability to procure cooperation from colleagues at all levels.
I understand that as an employee of Catholic Charities I am expected to perform in a manner consistent with the stated characteristics as outlined on the Performance Based Evaluation form and the following mission characteristics:
- Strictly follows the Catholic Social Teachings in all aspects of the duties of this position
- Collaborative and participatory leadership styles with commitment to excellence in service provision
- Works collaboratively to achieve goals and resolves conflict to achieve the greater good
- Respect for the diversity of talents and gifts of others and belief in cultivating those to promote personal and professional development
- Cares about quality of life and well-being of others, thus demonstrating compassion and commitment for helping others improve their own lives