Project Manager Mechanical Engineering Jobs Vacancy in Quest Global Engineering
Quest Global Engineering urgently required following position for Project Manager Mechanical Engineering. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Manager Mechanical Engineering Jobs Vacancy in Quest Global Engineering Jobs Details:
- Perform high capability project management activities for the Engineering Development program.
- Develop schedules supporting hardware design, development, and analysis.
- Analyze budget and earned value based on milestone schedule, report risks and mitigation plans, and make decisions to improve lead times and reduce costs.
- Ensure team will meet all program requirements and develop risk mitigation plans for critical path.
- Collaborate and innovate with a team of mixed capability QuEST engineers in the Engineering Development program by proactively engaging team members and developing processes, tools and best practices.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to internal and external customers; strong verbal, written and presentation skills are necessary.
- Interact with a number of different customers on many different levels and locations.
- Quotation creation for SOWs including Hours estimating, prior history research, performance expectations and deliverables
- Development of quotation documents with adequate technical and general assumptions
- Maintain all project documentation and finances compliant with QuEST-internal processes
- Report project health to management and maintain GPF compliance
- Determine root cause and corrective action for projects when required
- Approve timecards, manage day-to-day project finances, continually inform team of financial health
- Report to Program Management and Team Leads to pursue team initiatives
- Train other project management resources on all above listed activities
Secondary Job Functions:
At QuEST, we often challenge our team members to temporarily work outside the scope of their primary job functions to broaden their skills and help the organization. Some of these roles, tasks, and opportunities include:
- Execution within multiple services
- Technical Leadership and Technical Reviews
- Develop work instructions to ensure repeatability
- Personnel Management
- Onboarding and Professional Development: collaborate and mentor QuEST Team Members
- Cross-functional teams
- Geographic re-assignments
- Account Management and Sales
- Enabler roles, such as Human Resources, Technology Development, and IT
- Quality Management and Continuous Improvement
The ideal candidate will have a Mechanical Engineering, BS degree (or equivalent experience) and aerospace experience in the Gas Turbine Engine industry. Project management experience preferred. The following criteria will be additionally used to identify and assess top candidates:
- Familiarity with the Gas Turbine Engine and the Propulsion Systems
- Extent of prior Project Management experience including Planning, Finances, Tracking, and Reporting
- Understanding of Materials and Manufacturing Processes used in gas turbine engine components
- Level of interaction with suppliers / vendors / customers
- Ability to manage the customers’ perceptions and showcase QuEST’s achievements
- Ability to identify and define unclear work scope and provide recommendations for scope direction
- Extent of experience with Technical Writing & conducting formal presentations
- Proficiency with MS-Office Suite Tools and Creation of PowerPoint Documents
- Personal Traits & Attributes: Responsible, Thorough, Organized, Service Oriented
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident