Line Patroller Level Odessa Jobs Vacancy in Kinder Morgan Odessa
Kinder Morgan Odessa urgently required following position for Line Patroller Level Odessa. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Line Patroller Level Odessa Jobs Vacancy in Kinder Morgan Odessa Jobs Details:
- Perform and coordinate work group activities including patrolling, locating, construction inspection, and excavation inspection of Company gas/liquids pipelines, appurtenances, compressor stations, process plants and other related facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate and mark facilities per Company Damage Prevention Program and One-Call procedures prior to and during encroachments and excavation.
- Performing pipeline patrols, population density surveys, leak detection surveys and inspections per Company procedures.
- Coordinate local Damage Prevention activities.
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with Company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities.
- Responsible for inspection of projects primarily relating to excavation near pipeline facilities and repair of pipeline facilities.
- Responsible for inspection duties per Company policies including: Completion of required documentation, as-built drawings, contractor oversight and supervision, act as Company representative during construction activities, report progress to Operations and Project Manager, and ensure proper reporting and compliance with Safety and Environmental policies.
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenants, public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings. (One Call, Pipeline Groups, Soil Conservation, USFS, etc.)
- Responsible for auditing One Call tickets.
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (e.g., personnel in progression, transport drivers, contractors, visitors)
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform mapping, record keeping, and data entry duties per Company policies.
- I.D., report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED.
Experience / specific knowledge:
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs, and other diagrams.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operation systems and other company software).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- May be required to possess a commercial driver’s license, drive a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle regulations
- Achieve and maintain all qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies during and after regular business hours including after dark hours, which require carrying a communication device
- Good record of safe work practices.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Depending upon the location and workload, travel will be required
- Overtime may be required and is anticipated
- Be available for shift work when applicable.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details and follow work rules.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed
Working conditions / Physical demands:
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to frequently, enter confined spaces, climb to and work from elevated platforms, excavated areas, ladders, stairwells, walkways, etc
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, and ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist (occasional)
- May work in low-lit areas
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge (above the minimum requirements; not required, but advantageous in this position):
- Pipeline experience
The above statements describe the general requirements of this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.