Disney Meetings Events Sales Internship Fall Jobs Vacancy in Walt Disney World Resort Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Resort Lake Buena Vista urgently required following position for Disney Meetings Events Sales Internship Fall. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Disney Meetings Events Sales Internship Fall Jobs Vacancy in Walt Disney World Resort Lake Buena Vista Jobs Details:
“We create magical experiences.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney World Sales, Services and Events and it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Sales team for Disney Meetings & Events. We are the first point of contact our clients have with the Walt Disney World Resort. The Resort Sales team is responsible for building lasting relationships by providing solutions thru unique and innovative experiences, products and services that exceed client expectations!
Be a part of an original team and culture…
In this role, the intern could be involved in a wide variety of marketing, sales and administrative activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Collect data from various software applications used in Group and Convention Sales Department
- Analyze information for Sales Territories, Account File Audits, Vertical Market discovery and new project development
- Participate in the process of entering customer information into CRM/Siebel
- Assist the Sales Manager, on-site with the planning and execution of site visit experiences
- Partner and collaborate closely with operational areas including Catering, Culinary, Audio Visual, Transportation and Entertainment to create Banquet Event Orders for site visits
- Other responsibilities may include Ad Hoc requests relative to Sales production, database requests, and building Excel documents and Power point presentations to provide data analysis
- Provide administrative support for Sales Managers and assistance with requested with proposals, contracts and collateral materials
Basic Qualifications :
What you bring to this role…
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated marketing/communication experience (basic skills required; strong skills preferred)
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Currently enrolled in a Hospitality or Event Management program
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel with experience working with pivot tables
- Prior experience overall in the Hospitality industry
- Prior experience with itinerary planning and event execution
- Attention to detail and professionalism
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in an accredited college or university earning a degree in Hospitality, Marketing/Sales or a related major
Additional Information :
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through January 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.