Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Ucla Los Angeles
Ucla Los Angeles urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Ucla Los Angeles Jobs Details:
Under the general direction of the International Department Director, implement and provide proactive, customer-responsive, thorough administrative support and services for international programs offered by UCLA Extension. These programs include (1) a full-time day year-round intensive language school; (2) part-time evening credit and non-credit programs and (3) short-term programs arranged by special contract, (4) a Writing Center, and (5) the Study Abroad Program. With revenue of several million dollars, the UCLA Extension's international program serves approximately 3,000+ international students, provides housing information, academic counseling, recruitment and marketing efforts, and special billing procedures. Major duties include assisting students and clients with a wide range of customer services, program implementation support, information gathering and dissemination, data collection and analysis, and administrative support. Incumbent is also responsible for processing Hummel Scholarships.
Percentage of Time:
Qualifications for Position
1. Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with coworkers, managers, supervisors, customers/clients, and members of the public.
2. Ability and willingness to learn new skills and tasks.
3. Ability to respond to customer needs and expectations in a supportive and professional manner, with attention to promptness and a focus on solutions.
4. Ability to work overtime in order to meet deadlines.
5. Demonstrated skill with microcomputer, and various software applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, graphics, and elementary desktop publishing.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with non-native speakers of English in order to obtain and convey program information.
7. Skill in operating standard office equipment including multiple-line telephone system, copier, typewriter, and facsimile machines.
8. Ability to read documents written in standard English including program materials, University policy and procedures.
9. Skills in typing in order to prepare forms, course materials, manuscript copy and correspondence with speed and accuracy.
10. Skill in writing in order to compose routine correspondence in clear, logical and concise prose.
11. Skill in planning and prioritizing complex tasks with conflicting demands and deadlines, frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
12. Ability to analyze situations, define problems, identify relevant factors and recommend appropriate solution.
13. Ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision.
14. Ability to work evenings and weekends particularly through the Summer program season.
15. Ability to work at or travel to various satellite locations.
16. Knowledge of University ESL programs, prerequisites, course levels and enrollment procedures.
17. Working knowledge of University and Extension policy and procedures concerning preparation of forms.
18. Knowledge of foreign language (Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, German, etc.) and facility with a second language.
Additional Posting Information
CX-Clerical & Allied Services
External Posting Date: