Orientation Coordinator New Student And Family Programs Jobs Vacancy in San Jose State University San Jose
- Orientation Coordinator New Student And Family Programs
- San Jose State University
- San Jose CA
- 15 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
San Jose State University San Jose urgently required following position for Orientation Coordinator New Student And Family Programs. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Orientation Coordinator New Student And Family Programs Jobs Vacancy in San Jose State University San Jose Jobs Details:
Salary Range: $4,554/month - $6,488/month
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with Senior Coordinator to design and implement orientation programs offered to new students and their parent/family members prior to the beginning of each semester.
- Assist with the assembly of all program materials (e.g., orientation giveaways, daily schedule of events, handouts, evaluations, planners, etc).
- In conjunction with the NSFP staff, support the development of an academic planner for new students by revising content, organizing flyer submissions, and managing deadlines.
- Organize, edit and coordinate monthly e-newsletters for parent and family members.
- Communicate with campus partners to confirm participation of guest speakers and panelists for Parent/Family Orientation sessions.
- Communicate with Family Advisory Board members to confirm participation at department events (i.e., Parent/Family Orientation sessions, Admitted Spartan Day, Parent and Family Weekend).
- Write and edit content for the SJSU Online Orientation platform, collaborating with the New Student and Family Programs professional staff to ensure information is accurate and relevant.
- Assists with planning and execution of comprehensive programs for selection, training, and evaluation of student staff, including orientation leaders, program assistants, interns, and/or office staff to be properly oriented and integrated into the overall work of New Student and Family Programs.
- Master's degree in Counseling, Higher Education, or Student Affairs.
- Experience with orientation programming.
- Experience working with parents and families in a higher education setting.
- Strong administrative skills including experience with online programs, e-newsletters, website maintenance, social media, and google drive/forms/sheets
- Ability to successfully plan and implement large scale events.
- Knowledge of orientation planning processes and best practices.
- Ability to partner and communicate with various campus partners.
- Knowledge of student success strategies, specifically for first time frosh and their parent(s) and family members.
- Knowledge of student leader recruitment and selection processes.
- Experience in the field of orientation, transition and retention.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of student and professional staff.
- Skill in development of student learning outcomes and the assessment cycle.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, including the ability to compose business correspondence, edit and use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Strong fiscal, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of orientation program development and major campus program planning; working knowledge of other student services programs.
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.