Disability Claims Adjudicator Jobs Vacancy in State Ohio Jobs
State Ohio Jobs urgently required following position for Disability Claims Adjudicator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Disability Claims Adjudicator Jobs Vacancy in State Ohio Jobs Jobs Details:
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) has full-time career opportunities in Columbus for professionals to review and make determinations on Social Security disability claims.
As a Disability Claims Examiner (Adjudicator), you will:
- Be responsible for a caseload of Social Security disability claims
- Gather and analyze electronic medical records
- Interview claimants and assist them via phone
- Obtain additional claimant information through medical professionals, attorneys and others
- Reach determinations about medical eligibility for disability
- Prepare written documentation based on the analysis of the evidence
- Constant exposure to high volume workloads
- High level of accuracy required with short deadlines
- Daily contact with challenging sometimes difficult claimants and situations
- Constant use of personal computer with ongoing changes to applications, policies, and procedures
- Depending on workload, some overtime may be necessary
NOTE: There are multiple positions available. These positions are filled through a multi-step assessment process, explained in the Supplemental Information section.
- Or 12 mos. exp. in adjudication of social security disability benefit claims for another state jurisdiction or federal component of social security administration.
- Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.
Knowledge of disability claim development procedures*; social security law, structure, procedures & regulations*; vocational rules*; general psychology; natural & physical sciences (e.g., biology, anatomy, physiology); abnormal psychology; psychological testing & measurement*; behavior & human motivation assessment*; personality theories*; sociology; body systems/functions & disorders*; diseases & disabling conditions*; economic & vocational analysis*; clinical & laboratory procedures*; public relations; interviewing techniques. Ability to interpret variety of technical material in medical reports & disability claims; research & investigate; work & maintain composure & flexibility under extreme pressure, anxiety & job related stress; work in cooperation with all levels of government structure, medical community & disabled & emotionally disturbed individuals. (*)Developed after employment.
2. Via email to OOD.HRSelections@ood.ohio.gov, indicate DCA1 in the subject line of your email.
Official transcript(s) may be required if invited to interview.
These positions are filled through a multiple-step assessment process-a two-part computer-based test and a structured interview. All parts of the assessment are administered at 400 E. Campus View Boulevard, Columbus, OH 43235, October 4th - October 11th, 2018.
The two-part computer-based test is a timed exercise using a computer, monitor, mouse and keyboard. Applicants selected for the assessment will be notified to self-schedule through the Ohio Hiring Management System.
The starting salary for these full-time positions is $18.09 per hour and there is a one year probationary period.
Background Check Information