Program Assistant Jobs Vacancy in United States Veterans Initiative Lihue
United States Veterans Initiative Lihue urgently required following position for Program Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Assistant Jobs Vacancy in United States Veterans Initiative Lihue Jobs Details:
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Program Assistant is responsible for enhancing organizational support of programs through activities such as client record retention, client rent collection and reporting, petty cash distribution and tracking, invoice reconciliation, supply ordering, event coordination, and aiding in the overall operation of programs to best serve veterans and their families.
For Program Assistants of all U.S.VETS Programs:
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining central databases of client and program information and ensures compliance with grant-mandated system to include Microsoft Excel, HMIS, MyCaseRecords, and QuickBooks.
- Supports Case Management department in maintaining files, preparation for audits, and correction of any deficiencies
- Collects and tracks program rents to include providing receipts to clients, maintaining rent calculation worksheets and waivers, and providing reports to Case Management and Managers
- Maintains petty cash accounts, tracks distribution of funds, allocates expenses, submits reimbursement request reports, reconciles account, and assists with petty cash audits, prepares weekly petty cash reports, and monitors outstanding balances to be reimbursed
- Collects, reconciles, tracks, and deposits any other site cash accounts, money orders, and checks such as donations received or site store cash
- Monitors and maintains supply inventory, coordinates purchases with approval, submits purchase orders, allocates expenses, and monitors vendor balances
- Coordinates with Program staff to submit requests for supportive service funds to meet client needs
- Assists with accounting functions and coordinates with Accounts Payable to ensure all deposits and expenses are documented, coded and submitted in a timely manner
- Assists in maintaining and compiling data for grant applications, reports, budget tracking, and billings
- Assists & coordinates with Development & Activities Coordinator in recording cash and in-kind contributions and maintaining database of contributors for mailings and solicitations to support programs
- Assists with coordinating volunteer activities & potential volunteer projects
- Assists in the planning of annual and other periodic events for donors, partners, clients, and staff
- Coordinates shipping and post office mailings and tracks receipt of products and donations
- Assists with program-specific activities as needed such as client screenings, assessment for eligibility, intake documentation, and orientation
- Assists with human resources activities to include posting positions, pre-screening candidates, scheduling interviews, coordinating orientation and training, and tracking evaluation and eligibility dates
- Assists supervisors with coordinating staff training and ensuring proper payroll allocations
- Assists with maintaining Operations Manual and regular review and update of program and organization policies
- Provides direct and confidential support to management, staff members, and interns
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Additional Program-Specific Duties:
U.S.VETS has various programs in which a Program Assistant may be assigned to or work with to include Supportive Services for Veteran Families or Permanent Housing that may have additional program-specific duties as outlined below:
- For Program Assistants working with the SSVF Program:
- May report directly to the SSVF Team Leader or the SSVF Coordinator
- Performs screening process and assessment for client eligibility for Support Services for Veteran Families Program.
- Assists with client intake interview process for Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program when needed.
- Responsible for compiling fund requests, submitting for payment, distribution of payment, and tracking of Temporary Financial Assistance
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services, Accounting, Non-Profit Management or related field preferred
- One year of experience in social services or related field required. Employment at U.S.VETS for at least three months may substitute for one year of experience
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office; applicants may be subject to computer skills testing
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Able to work independently & responsibly
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of veteran issues, homelessness, and local services a plus
- Enthusiasm, Positive Attitude, Team Player, Flexibility, & Creativity
- Ability to listen, take direction, and make sound decisions
- Ability to organize and implement both short-term and long-term projects and programs
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.
Job Type: Temporary
- Lihue, HI (Preferred)
- Clean Driving Abstract (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)