Immigration Advocate Department Justice Fully Accredited Representative Jobs Vacancy in Jewish Family Service San Diego San Diego
- Immigration Advocate Department Justice Fully Accredited Representative
- Jewish Family Service San Diego
- San Diego CA
- 09 Jan, 2019 30+ days ago
Jewish Family Service San Diego San Diego urgently required following position for Immigration Advocate Department Justice Fully Accredited Representative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Immigration Advocate Department Justice Fully Accredited Representative Jobs Vacancy in Jewish Family Service San Diego San Diego Jobs Details:
Position Title: Immigration Advocate - Department of Justice Fully Accredited Representative
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), Exempt
Standardized Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Jewish Family Service of San Diego (JFS) is one of four refugee resettlement agencies in San Diego County, a Department of Justice Recognized organization, and a core partner of the San Diego Rapid Response Network (Network) - a group of 40+ immigrant rights and social service organizations, attorneys and community leaders who educate, protect and assist immigrant individuals and families ? including refugees and asylum seekers ? with legal support and social services. JFS coordinates the legal services for the Network. The Immigration Advocate will undergo a training certification program to become a Department of Justice Fully Accredited Representative. Once fully accredited, the Immigration Advocate will be responsible for providing direct representation in immigration cases, including representation before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), and the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), while helping to support the broader immigration efforts of JFS?s legal team. The Immigration Advocate will be supervised by the JFS Senior Immigration Attorney. The Immigration Advocate will work closely with the other members of the JFS Legal Team including the other attorneys, DOJ representatives, and support staff.
- Field calls coming through the JFS Immigration Help Line;
- Conduct immigration legal screenings for individuals and families referred to the JFS Immigration Department;
- Provide eligibility and risk assessment for individuals and families seeking immigration representation;
- Prepare immigration filings including DACA, naturalization, consular processing, adjustment of status, and family-based and humanitarian immigration petitions;
- Represent clients in removal proceedings;
- Manage and coordinate caseload of active cases;
- Participate in community workshops, information sessions, and other outreach activities;
- Coordinate and document client communications;
- Stay up to date on rapidly changing immigration laws and policies; and
- Comply with data and program reporting requirements.
Skills/Abilities that are a Must-Have:
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and organize in a fast paced and fluid environment;
- Dedicated to providing high quality legal assistance and capable of handling complex legal issues on behalf of low-income immigrant populations;
- Proficient in Microsoft software including Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Detail oriented and self-directed with strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong relational skills and a demonstrated cross-cultural understanding and success;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including good communication skills, listening skills and attitude;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work under pressure required;
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends;
- Valid driver’s license, access to an automobile, insurance, and willingness to drive to off-site locations; and
- Passion for social justice for immigrants required.
Skills/Abilities we’d like you to Have:
- Bilingual English/Arabic, Spanish, Farsi, or Congolese - desired;
- Experience working with immigrant populations;
- Experience working with marginalized populations and survivors of trauma;
- Dedication to serving immigrant communities with a sincere commitment to working on behalf of low income immigrants.