College Sales Representative Connecticut Based Jobs Vacancy in Sage Publishing Remote
Sage Publishing Remote urgently required following position for College Sales Representative Connecticut Based. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
College Sales Representative Connecticut Based Jobs Vacancy in Sage Publishing Remote Jobs Details:
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Remotely-based reps will travel to college campuses within assigned territory to close adoptions. Daily travel to assigned campuses is expected during the peak selling seasons. Reps are expected to conduct high quality sales interviews using consultative selling techniques.
- Calls are made via well-planned campus visits, telephone, and e-mail. Plan and execute sales plan under the direction of sales management. This position requires extensive travel during peak selling seasons.
- Identify sales opportunities in assigned territory each semester. Proactively sell to those identified targets in order to meet your annual sales goal. Set follow-up commitments on your part and the customer’s and complete necessary follow up.
- Respond to customer queries related to textbook selection, ancillary materials requests and adoption servicing from your customer base..
- Track all pending adoptions and report on your progress towards each sales opportunity weekly. Update MSCRM with results of sales interviews and follow up calls.
- Meet and exceed yearly sales and editorial goals at the territory and key title level
- Position demands in excess of 40 hour work week regularly.
- Gain and maintain product and market knowledge for assigned product lines through editorial, author, marketing and customer communication
- Communicate market feedback and product information with editorial and marketing staff, authors, and customers.
- Provide Editorial and Marketing Department leads for reviewers, ancillary preparers, and potential textbook authors.
- Complete campus planning (identifying courses, decision makers, enrollments and text-in-use information) for targeted course markets at accounts identified within assigned territory
- Track sales opportunities in the Sales Force Automation system so that you can prioritize your sales opportunity and maximize your revenue during sales campaigns
- Provide daily, monthly and yearly progress reports on performance as well as customer feedback to sales management, marketing and editorial departments.
- Plan travel to accounts on a semester basis, complete expense reports on a timely basis and manage annual travel and expense budget effectively.
Conference Attendance/Business Travel
- Overnight travel will be needed to make campus sales visits to more remote accounts within territory
- Travel may be required to assist at National or Regional Conventions.
- Required to attend bi-annual sales meeting and other company-wide meetings as required by Management.
- Provide excellent customer service when dealing with potential or existing customers by providing requested exam copies, desk and instructor resource materials, and information in a timely manner
- When communicating with customers and authors, take appropriate actions to ensure they have a positive experience with and image of the company
Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s degree required with evidence of high academic achievement.
- Demonstrated record of success in academic and professional background
- 2 to 4+ years sales experience required.
- Strong work ethic (workload regularly exceeds 50 hours/week during peak selling seasons and must be willing to work hours needed and to travel based upon assigned geography)
- Must be equally adept at working independently and within a team environment
- Proficient in PC environment and must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, database applications and PowerPoint. Excellent written and oral communication skills including excellent public presentation skills and ability to demonstrate technology/print products in person or electronically
- Superior time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Creative , persuasive , competitive, strategic and persistent sales demeanor
- Field based sales experience strongly preferred for remote based sales positions.
- Sales experience in the publishing industry a plus
- Familiarity and comfort in working with CRM systems is preferred