Controller Petco Park Jobs Vacancy in Delaware North San Diego
Delaware North San Diego urgently required following position for Controller Petco Park. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Controller Petco Park Jobs Vacancy in Delaware North San Diego Jobs Details:
The Controller will be responsible for overseeing all financial and reporting functions for the unit including accounting, supervision, payroll, annual plan, audit assistance and cash management, as well as financial analysis of the operation. In addition:
- Manage the operations of the accounting department, including supervision of accounting and cash room personnel and review/approval of reports
- Implement and enforce internal controls
- Lead or assist with all financial and reporting (in conjunction with other on-site leadership) for the unit including accounting, payroll, annual plan, audit assistance and cash management
- Identify Delaware North client exceptions to the standard Accounting processes and identify, in conjunction with business unit leadership, ways to gradually shift client’s expectations towards Delaware North’s standard practices
- Work closely with MSP and/or Business Services Retained to continuously improve efficacy handoffs or transitions of work
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting variances and driving month-end duties
- Maintain SLAs and build a culture of continuous improvement
- Drive improvement in clarity of measurement across the organization
- Collaborate with corporate functions across the board to ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes are implemented
- Collaborate with data owners/stewards to align on process and data issues
- Respond to questions and act as a liaison between departments.
We are seeking candidates that have 5+ years of accounting experience including previous supervisory experience of similar size/complexity. Hospitality industry experience highly preferred. Bachelors’ degree in Accounting required. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred. Deep understanding of Finance and Accounting processes. Knowledge of (GAAP). Expertise in driving continuous improvement and business process management. Strong computer skills, including MS Office and PeopleSoft Financials or similar accounting software. Understanding of how to drive effective performance management. Facilitation, detailed collaboration, and effective communication.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule of days, nights, weekends and holidays. The hours fluctuate based on event schedule.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements. #LI-MR1
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.