Writer Jobs Vacancy in World Food Program Usa Washington
World Food Program Usa Washington urgently required following position for Writer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Writer Jobs Vacancy in World Food Program Usa Washington Jobs Details:
POSITION TITLE: Content Writer
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communications
DATE UPDATED: October 10, 2018
OVERALL DESCRIPTION: WFP USA is looking for an exceptional writer and editor, who is passionate about solving global hunger, to join its marketing and communications team. The Content Writer is responsible for producing a variety of digital and offline content in support of WFP USA’s communications efforts and provides support to the Director of Marketing and Communications on a variety of strategic initiatives. The Content Writer will support WFP USA growth efforts by developing compelling, search-friendly content that attracts prospective donors to our web properties. You’ll plan, write, and edit various types of marketing content—from landing pages and blog posts to articles and annual reports – that express our brand and help convert visitors to donors. The ideal candidate is someone who loves working with words as much they enjoy producing content that performs. The Content Writer will also support brand-building and internal communications activities and other projects, as assigned.
- Produce high-quality, search-optimized content for the WFP USA website, including core content, blog posts and updates, to promote a strong public image to external audiences and drive donations.
- Work cross-functionally with SEO, web, marketing, and design teams to brainstorm and prioritize content ideas—and bring to life a diverse portfolio of communications assets and campaigns.
- Interview subject matter experts and conduct research to develop relevant and useful content.
- Plans, writes and edits content for a variety of internal communications vehicles, including email, video, newsletter, monthly staff meetings and staff intranet.
- Produces a wide range of high-quality written communication materials for Development and Policy departments, including but not limited to external newsletters, emails and printed materials.
- Become familiar with the WFP/WFP USA story, voice, and tone to create content that is on brand and on message, and ensures all messages adhere to highest grammar and business writing standards.
- Ensures Communications content is properly housed and catalogued across key organizational platforms, including Microsoft Office 365.
Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, preferably at a nonprofit, and passionate about solving global hunger
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e. journalism, English, communications, international affairs, or related field).
- Strong writing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional communicator, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of internal communications best practices and principles.
- Highly organized self-starter, collaborative, efficient and flexible.
- Experience working in Hindenburg and/or similar podcast editing software as well as Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Interest in humanitarian assistance, international development or global hunger.
Does this sound like a fit? Please send resume and cover letter to Debbie Sutton at HR@wfpusa.org
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee(s) assigned to this title. This description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of incumbents holding the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Further neither this description, nor completion of tasks associated with this title should be construed as a contract of employment. All employees of WFPUSA, unless otherwise designated by the President, are at-will employees.