Regional Program Manager Openings Jobs Vacancy in Public Health Advocates Davis
Public Health Advocates Davis urgently required following position for Regional Program Manager Openings. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Regional Program Manager Openings Jobs Vacancy in Public Health Advocates Davis Jobs Details:
All Children Thrive-California
- Application period ends November 19, 2018
Public Health Advocates (PHAdvocates) brings a health and equity lens to some of the most important issues of our day. We have two decades of successful state and local campaign experience focusing on prevention and challenging the social, political, and economic systems that perpetuate racial, economic and health disparities. Over the past 20 years, PHAdvocates has helped 200 California cities enact more than 600 local policies. At the state level, we led the campaigns to get soda and junk food out of public schools, fund elementary school physical education, require that restaurants put calorie information on their menus, and fund statewide diabetes prevention.
We are recruiting for two dynamic leaders to manage a three-year, equity-focused, community-driven initiative to expand the role of cities and counties in preventing childhood trauma, countering its effects, and fostering individual, family, and community healing and resilience. All Children Thrive-California (ACT-CA) builds on our existing Healthy Eating Active Living Cities Campaign and the national ACT initiative supported by our partner in this initiative, the UCLA Center for Healthier Children, Families and Communities. The Regional Program Managers will report to the ACT-CA Project Director.
- Lead program operations at the local level and serve as the frontline point of contact for ACT-CA for PHAdvocates
- Help cities hold community listening sessions to identify the trauma-related needs and priorities of youth and adult residents
- Educate mayors, city council members, city managers and other municipal leaders about ACEs and the critical role cities can play in preventing and addressing childhood trauma
- Recruit and provide coaching and technical assistance to help cities and counties establish policies, system changes, and other strategies that promote individual and community resilience and child well-being
- Work with UCLA to identify lessons learned and identify best practices that can be used to spread and scale ACT-CA
- Write reports summarizing activities and grant proposals to further support ACT-CA
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s in public health, social welfare, psychology, public policy preferred.
- Proven track record promoting racial and economic equity
- Knowledge about individual and community trauma, the social determinants of health, and restorative justice
- Experience in policy development, community organizing, and/or strategic advocacy campaigns
- Strong leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships across diverse demographic groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with grant writing and reporting
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- There are two full-time exempt positions to lead work in different regions of the state
- Salary range: $56k – $84k depending on relevant experience
- Eligible for full health benefits available to spouses, domestic partners and dependents
- Application period closes November 19, 2018
- Positions begin January 1, 2019
- Extensive travel is required
Submit a PDF copy of your cover letter, resume, and writing sample electronically to:
Sergio Zepeda, Director of Administration:
Public Health Advocates provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for all open positions.