Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries arou nd the world.
We are seeking a skilled client support administrator (CSA) to support the 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract, to provide the Air Force information technology (IT) services. Position will be located at Eglin AFB, FL.
This position is a Jacobs’s position and may be assigned to a subcontractor company.
The successful candidate will provide first-line response assistance to solve customers’ administrative and technical problems on client-level workstations and end user devices, their operating systems, peripherals, and applications. As such, the CSA is responsible for performing tasks which require touching the desktop. Given that this position physically interfaces with the customer, a professional, courteous demeanor is required in all circumstances. Perform Tier 1 and Tier 2 help desk support.
Customer Service: Provide direct customer service and technical support to users as required via phone, e-mail, fax, on-line systems and in person. Provide professional and personal assistance to clients in answering inquiries, locating information and analyzing technical requirements. Provide prompt responses to users for problem resolution. Responsibilities include informing users of pertinent network information including planned network downtime. Ensure system security in compliance with customer policy including virus protection, system patches, software updates. Temporary travel may be required. Clearcube Blade experience a plus
The successful candidate will apply his or her experience with and knowledge of wide variety of applications, operating systems, protocols, and equipment to perform the following tasks:
- Install, configure, and maintain end-user workstation hardware, software, and peripherals
- Install and maintain peripheral equipment, such as printers, modems, scanners, etc.
- Ensure limited user access and access permissions on computer systems are imposed and maintained
- Provide technical and product support, and assist customers with setup (email, browsers, printers, files, etc.)
- Work closely with the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for data transfers and media creation
- Facilitate and coordinate user account creation and modification
- Manage user support and coordinate with back shop administrators when additional assistance is required
- Ensure systems are patched, maintain network compliance and report any deviations
- Perform other hardware and software tasks as assigned
- AS degree in information systems or computer science and two (2) of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
- An active Top Secret/SCI eligible security clearance with an investigation no older than 5 years, 6 months at the time of application.
- Valid/current DoD 8570.01-M IAT-I certification (A+ CE, Network+ CE, CCNA Security, etc. or higher level IA certification).
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 10, DNS, WINS, Active Directory and Exchange, and Microsoft Office Suite products is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of, and experience with computer hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in the configuration and installation of new PCs, installation of needed peripherals and software, and physical attachment of PC to network.
- Microsoft Certified Professional highly desired
- Formal training in Microsoft hardware and software systems highly desired
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Work site is located at Eglin AFB, Florida.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our three Core Values: We are a Relationship-based, Growth is an Imperative, and People Are Our Greatest Asset. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.