Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in State Connecticut Department Mental Health Addiction Services Hartford
- Office Assistant
- State Connecticut Department Mental Health Addiction Services
- Hartford CT
- 20 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
State Connecticut Department Mental Health Addiction Services Hartford urgently required following position for Office Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in State Connecticut Department Mental Health Addiction Services Hartford Jobs Details:
The Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services seeks a qualified individual for an Office Assistant position within the Office of the Commissioner. POSITION #23558. LOCATION: Hartford, CT Work schedule: This is a full-time forty (40) hours per week position, 8:00 PM - 4:30 PM. Monday - Friday.
Answers the main telephone line; provides clerical support to leadership; answers questions and directs inquiring calls from clients, families, providers, staff and other visitors to appropriate contacts to obtain answers and direction; demonstrates knowledge regarding confidentiality guidelines for client/staff information; initiates office systems to support confidentiality and privacy; coordinates and completes assigned projects and daily assignments, ensuring neatness, legibility, accuracy, and timeliness; listens and communicates effectively, understands and carries out oral and written directions; completes work in accordance with established deadlines; organizes, maintains, and updates files; fax and file information as needed, monitor copier/printers/fax machines and scanners; performs necessary data collection and entry; coordinate and distributes incoming mail; send outgoing mail as appropriate; collects data as directed; maintains safe environment.
Please ensure that your application is complete and you have included your Resume in the 'Resume Tab' of your application. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
Applicants invited to interview will be requested to supply a copy of their motor vehicle operator's license.
Questions about this recruitment should be directed to Robert Paolitto, DMHAS HR, Robert.Paolitto@ct.gov or (860) 418-6876.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for performing a full range of general clerical functions or for carrying out responsibility for the flow and completion of clerical work in an assigned area.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
1. TYPING: Types a variety of materials in relation to other duties or as assigned; enters and retrieves data on personal computers and computer terminals.
2. FILING: Sets up and maintains office procedures, filing and indexing systems and forms for own use.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine correspondence.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles and generates recurrent technical, statistical or financial reports requiring judgment in the selection and presentation of data (format).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Provides general information and referral services in response to citizen complaints or questions regarding an agency's services or authority; responds to inquiries from other work units or departments/agencies; applies agency policies and state statutes and regulations in determining case status or responding to requests for procedural assistance; may lead lower level employees in carrying out assigned clerical functions.
6. PROCESSING: Maintains calendars of due dates and initiates recurring work or special clerical projects accordingly; processes a variety of documents in determining routine case status; exercises discretion in choosing appropriate follow through procedures within defined guidelines including assembling and reviewing incoming materials for accuracy, completeness and conformance to established guidelines and agency policy and procedures, verifying information through use of internal resources and contacts with sender and other work units and soliciting additional information as required by phone or form letter; processes purchase requisitions/purchase orders for subsequent action; prepares payment lists and billing invoices; receives shipments of materials and matches/verifies shipment or billing invoices against original purchase orders; maintains billing control cards, files, journals or account ledgers by posting credits, expenditures, interest, etc.; figures payments, costs, discounts and adjustments using prescribed methods and formulas; receives monies in various forms such as cash, checks and money orders and prepares for deposit; maintains inventory and orders supplies; uses a variety of automated equipment to perform job functions; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of office systems and procedures including proper telephone usage and filing; oral and written communication skills; skill in performing arithmetical computations; basic interpersonal skills; ability to perform a full range of clerical tasks; ability to operate office equipment which includes personal computers, computer terminals and other electronic automated equipment; ability to operate office suite software; ability to schedule and prioritize workflow; ability to read and interpret complex instructions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience.