Event Services Manager Jobs Vacancy in Hyatt Jersey City
Hyatt Jersey City urgently required following position for Event Services Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Event Services Manager Jobs Vacancy in Hyatt Jersey City Jobs Details:
EVENT SERVICES MANAGER
Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson
Yearly pay basis
Req ID: JER001091
- Supports and Manages the Events Department while working closely with the Food and Beverage Director and other hotel departments. Leadership responsibilities may also include Convention Services Set Up and Banquet Beverage.
- Supervise, Empower, Lead, Coach and Motivate the Banquet team including captains, food servers, and lead house attendants towards achieving exceptional guest service results and complete associate engagement
- Ability to assist the hotel in reaching top box service scores on our Meeting Planner surveys. Ensure thorough communication and understanding with guests and other departments by reviewing Banquet Event Orders. Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications
- Responsible for proactively reviewing staffing and equipment needs
- Responsible for ensuring coordination and execution of all events with Culinary, Stewarding, Catering/CS, CS Floor and Beverage
- Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive, professional appearance
- Responsible for developing innovative and creative décor for Banquet function space
- Responsible for short and long term banquet functions in the front and back of the house
- Creates an environment establishing highest standards of quality service and ensures implementation through effective hiring, training development, promotion and continuous reinforcement.
- Administrative tasks may include the facilitation of payroll, reports, forecasts, point of sale procedures, inventory and budget for food and beverage functions
- Performing daily walk-throughs in banquet department and all function space and storerooms to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Hyatt Corporate standards
- Ability to develop ideas for special events and holiday functions
- Full Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, including the ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule
- A true desire to understand and anticipatethe needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Candidates should be extremely creative, innovative, detail oriented and organized
- Hotel experience and a thorough understanding of all levels of banquet service
- Previous experience as a Event Services Manager/Assistant, Event Services Captain or Event Services Supervisor preferred
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service