Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in State Colorado Job Opportunities Colorado Springs
State Colorado Job Opportunities Colorado Springs urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in State Colorado Job Opportunities Colorado Springs Jobs Details:
The mission of the Office of the State Public Defender is to defend and protect the rights,
liberties, and dignity of those accused of crimes who cannot afford to retain counsel. We do so by providing constitutionally and statutorily mandated representation that is effective, zealous, inspired and compassionate.
Our desire is to hire professionals who consistently demonstrate integrity, embrace change and improvement, have a dedication to public service, and who will work to continually raise the bar of the OSPD's performance.
Full time entry-level Administrative Assistant position available in the Colorado Springs Public Defender's Office. Individual must have strong customer service skills and be patient with and supportive of indigent people charged with crimes. Working environment is fast-paced and has a high volume of telephone calls, clientele, and interruptions. Ability to multitask and work independently is a must.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Performs routine clerical duties of a legal nature following established office procedures. There is some variety in the performance of assigned work procedures. Assignments may include a combination of clerical and receptionist functions. Provides routine administrative and clerical support to clients, administrative staff, attorneys and investigators, under the direct supervision of the Office Manager and Supervising and Managing Attorneys. Successfully participates in training, and consistently acquires experience and expertise in office and court processes, case file management techniques, ethical procedures, and client service principles.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurate and timely completion and processing of documents and information.
- Handle reception area of office in a professional, courteous and compassionate manner. Greet and assist incoming clients, other agency personnel and co-workers.
- Answer busy telephones in a professional and courteous manner, assisting callers to the best of ability. This Involves learning a phone system with multiple lines and voice mail, screening calls, taking messages, greeting clients and referring people to the appropriate person and/or agency.
- Ability to quickly learn and operate current case management database system. This may include opening, closing and updating client files in the system.
- Understanding and implementing eligibility guidelines and procedures. Assisting clients in completing applications for public defender and processing those applications according to state and regional office policy.
- Process mail according to office policy.
- Understanding of closed file policy and organization of closed file room.
- The operation of office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, personal computers or similar keyboards, sorters, printers, etc.
- Ability to understand and perform "court run" activities. Includes preparation, sorting and distribution of documents to appropriate personnel and/or agencies. Requires a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Performing calendaring tasks for attorneys and office as assigned.
- The ability to multitask successfully is an essential skill for this position.
- Attends meetings and training as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or equivalent required.
- No prior experience required.
- Knowledge of standard office computer programs such as word processing, web-based search programs, and basic spreadsheet programs a plus but not required.
- Strong preference for bilingual ability in English and Spanish.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
It is frequently subject to interruptions, and multiple calls and inquiries. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasionally, handles emergency or crisis situations.
How to Apply:
Submit résumé and handwritten cover letter to:
Agency: Colorado Springs Public Defender's Office
Attention: Norie Spooner, Office Manager
Address: 19 N. Tejon St, Suite 105
City/State/Zip: Colorado Springs, CO 80903