Client Infrastructure Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Akamai Cambridge
Akamai Cambridge urgently required following position for Client Infrastructure Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Client Infrastructure Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Akamai Cambridge Jobs Details:
- Evaluating, testing, documenting, and recommending hardware including Macs, laptops, desktops, monitors, smartphones, headsets, and peripherals.
- Assisting with inventory and asset management and insuring all items are properly labeled and input into systems management database. Validate systems are properly checking into database and work with end users as needed to correct or remediate communication problems.
- Troubleshooting and testing of current and Beta operating systems images. Working with Mac, Windows, and Ubuntu operating systems to validate current and new application compatibility and provide feedback to development engineers.
- Software Management: Utilizing Systems management tools such as Quest Kace to create and run reports as requested, analyze software inventory, insure we are properly licensed and compliant.
- Mobile Device Management administration of accounts, devices, laptop enrollment, and security.
- Respond to escalations from other teams or end users in a timely, professional manner.
- Assist in analysis and recommendation of password manager applications such as 1Password, LastPass, and Dashlane.
- Ongoing education at a college or university with focus and background in the Information Technology or Engineering areas and returning to school after the co-op ends.
- Previous employment in a corporate environment.
- 3 + years of client operating system experience with Windows and Macs
- Proficient computer skills in both Windows and Mac environment.
- Understanding of IT networking and various industry protocols.
- Detail oriented, independent thinking, self-starter, motivated.
- Effective communication (phone, face to face and presentation formats)
- Ability to work within a cross functional team is essential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly.
- Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Work as required to meet project deadlines and expectations.
- Professional and courteous interaction and communication with all levels of the organization.
- Detailed documentation and proficiency with Office applications and Google Docs.
- Working knowledge of Ubuntu Operating systems.
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of security practices and implementation