Parking Analyst Assistant Jobs Vacancy in New York City Department Transportation Queens
New York City Department Transportation Queens urgently required following position for Parking Analyst Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Parking Analyst Assistant Jobs Vacancy in New York City Department Transportation Queens Jobs Details:
The Parking Operations, Planning and Analysis/Parking Planning and Policy Group seek to hire an ambitious and self-motivated transportation professional to join the Parking Planning and Policy Group as a Parking Analyst Assistant. As part of an ambitious program to reprogram the curb, the selected candidate will be expected to assist in the use of quantitative and qualitative skills to design, execute, interpret and manage new and ongoing research initiatives, as well as engage in performing analysis of parking metrics using a variety of geospatial, scientific and analytical methods and processes to support the Department’s strategic curb management, congestion reduction and safety goals. Key tasks include assisting in the development of tools and processes to evaluate the operational and financial performance of the curb; engage in studies and evaluate the design and execution of experiments and data evaluations, assist with the preparation of reports and present on research findings.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college with a major in engineering, urban studies, panning, mathematics or one of the physical sciences; or
2. A high school graduation or its equivalent and 4 years of full-time experience performing technical work on city-wide highway transportation studies and traffic programs; or
3. Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
- Strong research and analytic skills with the ability to collect, organize, interpret and disseminate large significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills, including presenting findings to management and executive level. A writing sample may be requested.
- Experience working with and querying relational databases, particularly SQL and advances statistical analysis skills and proficiency with associated software platforms.
- Proficiency with Python and/or other analytical programming languages a plus, as is Proficiency with GIS software and spatial data files.
- Background pooling data from disparate sources/legacy systems and creating data dashboards, reports and data warehouses.
- Demonstrated experience conducting research, organizing information, and preparing written reports and visual presentations.
- Preference given to candidates with experience in Transportation Planning or supporting municipal government functions and knowledge of NYC policies, programming and data sources.
All resumes are to be submitted electronically using one of the following methods:
Please go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search and search for the Job ID#: 347653
Current employees please log on into Employee Self Service at https://hrb.nycaps.nycaps.nycnet follow the Careers Link for Job ID # 347653.
No phone calls, faxes or personal inquiries permitted.
Most public libraries have computers available for use.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Appointments are subject to OMB approval.
9:00am to 5:00pm/Monday thru Friday
34-02 Queens Boulevard Long Island City, N.Y. 11101
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Assistant Controller Jobs Vacancy in The Salvation Army National Headquarters Alexandria. The Salvation Army National Headquarters Alexandria opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Assistant Controller position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 17 Dec, 2018. Free underground parking and lunches offered. Serves as back up to the Controller and Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst.... ... Continue reading -->
Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Net Esolutions Corporation Bethesda. Net Esolutions Corporation Bethesda opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Business Analyst position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 16 Nov, 2018. Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK). Free parking at corporate offices. Minimum 6+ years of experience as a customer-facing IT business analyst.... ... Continue reading -->
Water And Milk Microbiology Analyst Jobs Vacancy in State North Carolina . State North Carolina opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Water And Milk Microbiology Analyst position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 13 Dec, 2018. Plentiful Free Parking. Certification by the FDA as a certified milk analyst will be required of new employees.... ... Continue reading -->
Learning Analyst Jobs Vacancy in University Washington Seattle. University Washington Seattle opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Learning Analyst position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 11 Dec, 2018. The Analyst will develop and design prototypes; The Learning Analyst (‘Analyst’) participates in Learning Management (LMS) training projects as a lead Analyst,... ... Continue reading -->
Project Assistant Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Northeast Maryland Waste Disposal Authority Baltimore. Northeast Maryland Waste Disposal Authority Baltimore opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Project Assistant Analyst position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 06 Dec, 2018. We are seeking a project assistant or project analyst to assist with Authority projects. The Authority pays for parking at its office in Baltimore City.... ... Continue reading -->