Research Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Lynn University Boca Raton
Lynn University Boca Raton urgently required following position for Research Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Lynn University Boca Raton Jobs Details:
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Research Analyst. The Research Analyst position provides information, reporting, data management, and decision support to the Office of Institutional Research, Planning & Assessment, to the University community, and to external constituents and stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position reports to the Director of Institutional Research, Planning & Assessment.
- Under general supervision, the analyst will extract, compile, analyze and report institutional data on students, courses, personnel and other aspects of the university as requested.
- Responsibilities include querying internal databases; manipulating and evaluating data; filling ad-hoc data requests, preparing interpretive analyses and presenting findings in narrative and graphic forms; and effectively interacting with the university community and external constituencies.
- Assist in the faculty evaluation process, including the creation, upload and download of course and faculty information along class reports from the ETS SIR II evaluation software each term, for every student division.
- There is occasional travel overnight for multiple nights at a time for purposes of professional representation of the University and employee professional development.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, learn various data sources and make appropriate choices about their use, meet deadlines and accurately handle details, and adhere to Federal, State, and University policies regarding access to, use of, and release of confidential information is essential. The research analyst will perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provide external institutional data reporting at the federal and state levels
- Use interactive data management and statistical programs such as SPSS, SQL, Excel, MS ACCESS, Tableau or other applications to collect, compile, describe, organize, analyze, interpret, and present data and information related to Institutional Research
- Construct complex data queries to respond to university data requests for information from university staff, public jurisdictions, and outside researchers.
- Assists the Senior Research Analyst and Director of IRPA in the design, implementation, and maintenance of specialized databases and information systems to facilitate research and planning activities.
- Oversee the maintenance and ensures integrity of data records through the construction of cyclical data and statistical tables for internal and external reporting (data snapshots).
- Prepare research and statistical findings in proper technical form for publication
- Design and produce internal forms, survey documents, questionnaires, and instructions.
- Confer with university staff regarding assigned projects and make recommendations based on findings.
- Stay current in findings and trends in institutional research and planning, especially as related to data management, and decision support systems.
- Receive training from higher-level researchers in the use of advanced research techniques and methods.
- Write instructions, procedures, and manuals involving administrative and operational activities of the research unit.
- Perform other related duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A) from a four-year college or university.
- Demonstrated competence in a variety of computer applications, including SPSS, MS Excel, MS Word.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong information gathering skills.
- Proven ability working with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and MS Access.
- Ability to interact professionally and independently with administrators.
- Sensitivity to institutional environments and a thorough understanding of contemporary academic issues.
- Many hours are spent on the computer looking at data, and also the ability to move stacks or medium boxes of documents is required several occasions throughout the year.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.