Austin Water Dispatcher Jobs Vacancy in City Austin Austin
City Austin Austin urgently required following position for Austin Water Dispatcher. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Austin Water Dispatcher Jobs Vacancy in City Austin Austin Jobs Details:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus three (3) years experience in dispatching field service crews, billing, or customer service.
These positions will be filled for the following shifts:
Shift 1 :
Sunday Midnight – 8:00am
Monday 7:30am – 4:00pm
Tuesday 3:30pm – Midnight
Wednesday 3:30pm – Midnight
Saturday Midnight – 8:00am
Shift 3 :
Sunday 3:30pm – Midnight
Monday 3:30pm – Midnight
Thursday 3:30pm – Midnight
Friday 3:30pm – Midnight
Saturday 3:30pm – Midnight
Shift assignment for candidates selected will be determined based on business need and is subject to change at management’s discretion.
This is an Essential Position, requiring on-call availability and mandatory service in certain situations. All shifts may be required to work overtime, oncall, weekends, nights, holidays, and during bad weather events.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of health and welfare benefits, such as medical, paid leave time, a great retirement plan, training opportunities and more – click HERE for more information.
When completing the City of Austin employment application:
- Please be sure to detail on the application all previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- A detailed, complete employment application is required. It helps us to better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Be sure to provide job titles and employment dates for all jobs you wish to be considered.
- A résumé is required, but will not substitute for a complete employment application. Please include contact information from previous employers.
- A cover letter is also required. In the cover letter candidates should describe, in concise detail, their interest in this position and highlight any prior experience that is relevant to this position.
- Your skill level in Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Audio Typing, and Data Entry will be assessed, with a required minimum passing score of 70%.
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
- Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference.
Effective October 1, 2014, all Austin Water worksite locations are tobacco-free. Use of tobacco products and/or e-cigarettes is not permitted on any AW worksite – including construction sites, parking lot, garage or in any personal vehicle located on the premises.
$18.05 – $22.51
See shift information in Notes to Applicants
- Experience working in a utility or a similarly-regulated environment
- Three years of customer service experience in a call center environment
- Two years of two-way radio experience, dispatching field crews
- Experience using geographic information systems (GIS) or other geographic mapping software
- Experience with the City of Austin Customer Care and Billing System (CC&B) or other similar automated billing system
- Experience using the Internet to research and resolve customer issues
- Experience handling a high volume of incoming calls using a multi-line phone system
- Experience responding to phone and email inquiries from internal and external customers, answering customer requests and inquiries concerning services
- Database or software experience, including data entry and researching customer account information
- Experience creating, routing, tracking, filing, and maintaining generated service requests
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel 2010
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Dispatches service and trouble calls to field service personnel, ensures calls are dispatched correctly and on time, logs customer complaints, prepares work orders, and provides back up support to Customer Service Representatives.
- Fields customer questions, complaints and billing inquiries. Creates services requests, and routes calls to appropriate department.
- Notifies Austin Water executives and other city departments of water outages, main breaks, or out of service fire hydrants or street cuts.
- Operates 2-way radio/pager to provide technical advice and assistance to field personnel in accordance with FCC rules and regulations.
- Compiles, records, and updates service orders for follow-up and verifies customer account and active services using various databases and software applications.
- Interprets Water/Wastewater profiles and blueprints to conduct research on previous work completed.
- Assists Watershed Protection with WERE program.
- Monitors security cameras and notifies APD of suspicious activity.
- May provide technical advice and support to Customer Service, 3-1-1- and the field service personnel
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- May lead and train others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of basic radio codes and operations of the dispatch console.
- Knowledge of procedures involved in dispatching customer services.
- Knowledge of streets and highways in Austin/Travis county area.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Ability to handle conflict and uncertain situations.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to operate communications equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.