International Recruitment Advisor Jobs Vacancy in San Jose State University San Jose
San Jose State University San Jose urgently required following position for International Recruitment Advisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
International Recruitment Advisor Jobs Vacancy in San Jose State University San Jose Jobs Details:
Salary Range: $4,179/month - $5,942/month
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
The International Recruitment Advisor communicates with international applicants regarding admission eligibility issues, provide preadmission counseling, advise application procedure, and perform follow-up service with students on a regular basis in-person, on the telephone, and electronically. The incumbent will take a critical role as the liaison on campus to work with undergraduate/graduate admission, communication team, housing, ISSS and International Gateways offices to advocate on issues impacting international applicants. In addition, the incumbent collaborates with International Recruitment Specialist on important tasks including but not limited to: managing data entry and report, monitoring application status, corresponding with applicants, and conducting outreach to prospective international applicants both locally and out-of-state on as-needed basis. The incumbent will also review and update information of prospective students/applicants in CRM database and perform related duties as assigned.
This position interprets and explains university's admission policies and requirements to prospective F-1 students and assists them through the SJSU application process. The International Recruitment Advisor collaborates with the admission office, International Gateways and other campus departments. The incumbent serves as a campus contact for prospective F-1 applicants to follow up on application progress, and regularly correspond with students to ensure application procedure is completed. Provides critical information to admitted F-1 students such as testing, registration, housing, financial management, personal safety, and other services related to academic success prior to their arrivals at SJSU. Participates in planning of recruitment, workshops, yield projects and related events and activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Counsel international students on admission requirements for degree and non-degree programs and guide them through the application process, from initial interest until application being processed/reviewed/evaluated by the SJSU Admission offices.
- Outreach to prospective international students by attending recruiting fairs and events, both locally and out-of-state.
- Respond to email and phone inquiries about general questions relating to university admission process.
- Advise admitted students on university policies in regards to testing, registration, orientation, housing and other student services
- Collaborate with campus departments including admission offices and International Gateways to ensure applications are processed timely and admission issues are resolved efficiently.
- Meet and provide degree-bound students information to prepare them for academic success.
- Check application status in school system periodically, follow up with timely and appropriate actions, and participate in yield projects.
- Communicate regularly with students and partners via email regarding application issues and advise proper subsequent actions.
- Collaborate with colleagues to generate reports on regular basis by accessing CRM system.
- Analyze data and make sound suggestions.
- Work with supervisor, colleagues and student assistants to explore effective strategies in social media campaign.
- Update and maintain department's website to ensure the accuracy of all information disseminated online.
- One or more years of professional experience in international recruitment, international admission or international program at a higher education setting.
- Experience working with international student population.
- Experience working with F1 regulations
- Experience in Customer Relation Management (CRM) database
- Experience and understanding in credential evaluation.
- Knowledge of university admission procedure.
- Knowledge of international application process and requirements.
- Knowledge of international recruitment trend and practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations pertaining to F-1 visa students.
- Knowledge of or ability to acquire database skills such as database management and spreadsheet applications
- Basic knowledge of PeopleSoft Query and SQL.
- Knowledge and experience using various social media platforms, and familiarity with communication applications such as outlook, skype, Facebook and/or blogs.
- Ability to clearly express ideas and suggestions both written and orally.
- Ability to work with multicultural and ethnically diverse populations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employee, students, applicants and external agencies.
- Proficiency with MS Windows and/or Mac platforms; MS Office Suite, word processing, internet applications.
- Ability to acquire, understand, and analyze University policies pertaining to student success.
- Ability to reason logically, interpret regulations and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to interact courteously and effectively with colleagues, members of the university community and the public.
- Ability to identify and problem-solve issues affecting students to achieve academic success.
- Ability of read, comprehend, sort and organize a variety sets of data.
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Letter of interest
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.