Employment Coach Jobs Vacancy in Soulciety Hayward
Soulciety Hayward urgently required following position for Employment Coach. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Employment Coach Jobs Vacancy in Soulciety Hayward Jobs Details:
Soulciety is looking for a full-time Employment Coachwho will be front-line staff working with youth and young adults. The ideal candidate will organize, maintain, facilitate and provide a variety of career programming, information, and materials to high-risk youth and young adults.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience (4+ years of similar work)
- Previous case management experience; ability to conduct assessments with reluctant individuals
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with other employees, youth, young adults, outside agencies and the general public.
- Strong independent initiative, capacity to operate flexibly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with high-risk demographic
- Advanced communication and organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office, Internet Use and Internet Data Entry
- Ability to problem-solve and adjust tactics to achieve positive outcomes with participants
- Coordinate Outreach to referral partners to solicit referrals; use multiple approaches for recruitment, including face-to-face, letters, emails, leveraging existing relationships
- Bilingual highly desirable; especially Spanish
- Knowledge of court processes and public safety
- Previous Workforce Development Experience with System Involved Youth and Young Adults
- Experience with WIOA and CalJOBS a plus
- Positive, energetic demeanor with a drive to improve programs
- Ownership of mistakes and determination to learn from them
- Engaging and assisting participants in becoming successful in the employment program, their job, and school.
- Assisting participants who may have barriers to employment.
- Helping those in need of additional assistance to become self-sufficient and fully job-ready.
- Assist participants with their engagement in county systems, including case status updates, court support, and other related activities.
- Maintain working relationships with county agencies, community partners, and schools.
- Provide case management to participants, which include: counseling, guidance and support around job-readiness barriers.
- Facilitate a spectrum of soft skills and life skills development workshops.
- Provide participants with referrals and resources such as: childcare, health and mental health services, transportation support, transitional public benefits, and educational support.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to assume a full-time position in a reputable and successful community-based non-profit organization with tremendous potential to expand its mission and services. Salary and benefits commensurate with skills and experience. The salary range is from $40,000.00-$50,000.00.
About the Organization
Soulciety is a 501c3 non-profit organization based in Hayward, CA that helps underserved, low-income youth and young adults to develop the skills to overcome their barriers and reach their fullest potential. We achieve this by providing services in job placement and training as well as the performing arts.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter. Applicants that are considered a good fit for this position will receive an email and/or a phone call response
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's (Preferred)