Quality Control Technician Jobs Vacancy in Shasta Beverages Columbus
Shasta Beverages Columbus urgently required following position for Quality Control Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Quality Control Technician Jobs Vacancy in Shasta Beverages Columbus Jobs Details:
The Quality Control Technician will be responsible for all aspects of the quality programs and functions. These include maintaining all HACCP, food safety records, plant audits, mock recall programs and training the plant on these issues and procedures. Performs testing to validate the microbiological quality of current and new ingredients, suppliers, and packages. Provides test data to assure the production of high quality products. Tests current and new concentrate ingredients in process and finished concentrates, and beverages products in development and finished products. The QC Technician will also work with the R&D Team on new product launches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of all cleaning agents and applications, external, internal, cleaners, and sanitizers.
- Properly document and follow all procedures set forth in the frequency guide and standards.
- Ability to properly fill out batch reports, calculate variations in batch sizes, proper attributes, standards, and other data required on batch report documented per formula.
- Ability to properly measure and follow proper mixing procedures.
- Ability to evaluate and troubleshoot batch and make corrections.
- Ability to perform all testing, evaluations, and documentation of results while following procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and take corrective action on the line.
- Ability to properly prepare batch tanks for batching, tank rinsing, tank sanitation, odor, and tasting.
- Full knowledge and capabilities to perform internal pest control program, location of stations, checking and cleaning of stations, and proper documentation on hand of pest control program.
- Assist supervisors in resolving Quality Control issues, tracking quality trends, recommending and implementing plans to improve quality and production efficiency.
- Responsible for compliance with Federal and State legislation by establishing and enforcing quality standards; testing materials and product.
- Ability to collect, analyze and summarize process quality information and trends.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- Typically faces situations that have a variety of interpretations and require careful evaluation.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or company representatives. Ability to effectively present information to management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, sit for long periods of time, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn to access files and office equipment. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Field positions will be exposed to various unfamiliar conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn and which may include, but are not limited to manufacturing and warehouse plants, and other locations as directed by supervisor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but increases significantly in warehouse and manufacturing plants.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years hands-on work experience in the carbonated soft drink industry preferred.
- Experience in quality control testing procedures and internal and external sanitation of beverage equipment with a clear understanding of all aspects of blending, product attributes recordkeeping, yields, etc.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft business applications and various reporting software.
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Understands and can follow all OSHA required training.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Favorable background and drug exam.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to various locations in organizational service areas, as required by duties.
Shasta Beverages, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, genetics, gender identity, disabled veterans or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.75 /hour
- Quality Control: 1 year (Preferred)