Financial Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Yavapai County Human Resources Prescott
Yavapai County Human Resources Prescott urgently required following position for Financial Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Financial Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Yavapai County Human Resources Prescott Jobs Details:
Under general supervision, performs financial accounting, financial reporting and accounting software work of moderate difficulty such as collecting data, compiling information, creating reports, analyzing results and making recommendations in support of the Finance function.
Assists with the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) including preparing year-end fund and government-wide accounting adjustments, preparing sections of the CAFR, answering auditor requests for information, and reviewing schedules and sections prepared by other staff. (35%)
Assists Finance management with year-end closing activities and functions, special projects, including analyzing accounting results and improving or expanding Finance department activities and systems. (35%)
Generates reports from accounting systems, including reports for CAFR preparation and audit, utilizing report writing software and other existing reporting capabilities Assists operating departments with their financial reporting needs and questions. (20%)
Works with ITS and financial software vendor on overall accounting software issues and insure that we have the most appropriate upgrades and processes in place. (5%)
Perform other job-related duties as assigned. (5%)
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of governmental accounting principles and reporting requirements so that the county's CAFR is accurately and professionally prepared.
- To ensure that needed reporting from the financial software is readily available and accurate, including all reporting needed to most efficiently operate the Finance department and to provide management information to appropriate County officials.
- To prioritize, schedule and organize work to meet established deadlines.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees of other departments, representatives of other organizations, and County officials.
A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the accounting field.
Bachelor of Science degree in accounting or related field.
Preference will be given to candidates with extensive experience with accounting software and software generated reporting.
Acts thoughtfully and professionally in all situations. Practices direct, tactful communication with all staff within the department resulting in effective information sharing and problem solving. Cooperates and works well with others; is enthusiastic, portrays a positive demeanor and works toward department's goals.
Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Extensive knowledge of financial accounting programs, including their reporting capabilities.
Yavapai County Government offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to
Full-Time employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes but is not limited to:
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Annual Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- Retirement Plans
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 457 Deferred Compensation Program
- Dependent Health Care Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Part-Time, Temporary and Seasonal employees accrue Sick Leave based on hours worked.
- Part-Time employees have limited benefits available.
- Temporary and Seasonal employees are not eligible to accrue Annual Leave.
http://www.yavapai.us/Portals/32/BenefitsSummary.pdf (Download PDF reader)