Staff Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Food New York
Food New York urgently required following position for Staff Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Staff Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Food New York Jobs Details:
Food52, the online food community, recipe hub and home and kitchen shop is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the accounting team. The ideal candidate must have excellent attention to detail, ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner, handle high volume of full cycle AP processes, ensure adherence to established accounting procedures and expense policies, work well within a team, great customer services skills, and a knack for problem solving.
Work on something you care about! We’re a mission-driven company with a goal of inspiring and helping people become confident home cooks.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regular processing of invoices into accounts payable system
- Administration of corporate credit card and expense reports
- Manage the payment process of our Merchants from on-boarding to payments
- Manage customer billing and accounts receivable
- Timely document maintenance and organization
- Assist Sr. Accounting Manager with Audit preparation and policy creation
- Assist with month close entries like: Prepaid expenses, Fixed Asset, Deferred Revenue, Inventory, etc
- Special finance projects as needed
RequirementsTechnically minded individual with a good understanding of accounting and finance and a great eye for detail.
- You believe no type of work is either below or above you. We operate very light so both rudimentary and highly complex tasks are performed by all team members
- Degree in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger treatment for AP/AR transactions
- Ability to enforce travel and expense policies and continuously focus on process improvement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience with Accounting Software and Bill.com preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneur at heart—you enjoy working as part of a small team, rapidly iterating on strategy, and getting your hands dirty to build something great
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter work environment and able to meet deadlines
- Want to develop skills outside of standard accounting work and enjoy special projects
- Prefer a hardworking but casual work environment
- Love to learn and adapt fast.
- Competitive salary & healthcare package
- Annual bonus plan
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks and fresh ingredients.
- Have you seen our office?
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.