Program Manager Hope Coalition America Puerto Rico Jobs Vacancy in Operation Hope Inc Mayagüez
- Program Manager Hope Coalition America Puerto Rico
- Operation Hope Inc
- Mayagüez PR
- 11 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Operation Hope Inc Mayagüez urgently required following position for Program Manager Hope Coalition America Puerto Rico. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Manager Hope Coalition America Puerto Rico Jobs Vacancy in Operation Hope Inc Mayagüez Jobs Details:
JOB TITLE: Program Manager
DEPARTMENT: HOPE Coalition America, Puerto Rico
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports directly to the SVP of HOPE Coalition America
JOB SUMMARY: Provides guidance and direction to advance both disaster preparedness and disaster response and recovery programs. Provides direct supervision of the Financial Wellbeing coaches and Program Administrators in Puerto Rico. Implement programs and procedures in Puerto Rico to deliver Operation HOPE services to individuals before and after disasters or emergencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Additional duties may be assigned.
HOPE Coalition America, in partnership with FEMA, responds to national disasters. We are the financial education and counseling recovery partner of FEMA, the Department of Homeland Security (Citizen Corps), and the American Red Cross. After initial FEMA/Red Cross assessments are made, HCA representatives move in to solidify relationships with FEMA staff and local organizations, and to begin distribution of materials to survivors. Call center staff perform intake functions, provide limited financial guidance and assistance, and assign case management files to financial recovery case managers.
- Provides the vision and objectives for all assigned staff and volunteers.
- Maintains positive working relationships with NVOAD members, governmental agencies and private sector funders and supporters of HCA.
- Consistent travel to disaster-affected areas to create and maintain relationships with FEMA, American Red Cross, local VOAD and Long Term Recovery committee members. Coordinate and maintain consistent HCA materials distribution in FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs).
- Develop outreach materials and other related materials to facilitate partnerships, new initiatives, and program expansion.
- Oversight, implementation and execution of the delivery of HCA client services, partner relations, staff management, program goals and outcomes.
This program involves emergency financial literacy seminars, program outreach, and materials distribution. The program utilizes the Emergency Financial First Aid Kit (EFFAK) and the Personal Disaster Preparedness Guide (PDPG) as its tools. The audience is broad; large and small businesses, fellow first responders, community and faith-based organizations all use the documents to facilitate recovery through learning how to prepare their finances. Internally, the HOPE Centers also offer EFFAK seminars to their clients to ensure their financial education and preparation for disaster or emergency.
- Develop and maintain relationships to provide EFFAK seminars in Puerto Rico via a network of corporate partner volunteers.
HOPE Corps volunteers:
Operation HOPE Inc.’s volunteer organization is HOPE Corps, which coordinates volunteers for all programs. HOPE Coalition’s volunteers serve as EFFAK seminar facilitators, disaster response intake coordinators, financial recovery case managers, and to fulfill other on-the-ground functions. HCA also has a Virtual Volunteer program for banking and other professional volunteers to provide financial guidance and assistance to our clients remotely.
- Develop volunteer opportunities, communicate opportunities to volunteers; coordinate and cooperate with HOPE Corps Director.
- HOPE Coalition America is located in the Operation Hope Inc. corporate office in downtown Los Angeles. The objectives of HCA support the financial literacy activities of Operation HOPE. Emergency Financial literacy is a part of individual and family financial literacy.
Must have 3-10 years work experience in financial services sector, including executive-level relationship building. Experience supervising direct reports required. Must have strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
AA or BA required; finance or accounting classes or experience required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS- English; bilingual in Spanish language is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – Must be able to sit and type for a majority of the day. Should be able to use regular phone equipment, lift and carry 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Field office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Program Manager is required to meet specific goals that are determined by the Sr. EVP, President of Field Operations of Operation HOPE, Inc.
Aptitudes: Financial planning, budget creation, loan sales or processing, accounting software skills. Office management, customer service or sales a plus. Event planning, crisis management, community involvement, fundraising and volunteering experience or interest are encouraged.
Temperament: Able to continually adjust priorities to meet shifting time demands. Able to maintain team morale and forward momentum regardless of resources or organizational demands. Patient with clients who may have challenges in crisis, or may be confused. Able to comfortably and professionally communicate with high-level executives and their staff.
Interests: Financial planning or literacy, public contact, emergency preparedness and/or response, community involvement, fundraising, public speaking, local government.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish): 3 years (Preferred)
- Disaster Recovery: 2 years (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Program Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Volunteer Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Mayagüez, PR (Preferred)