Construction Admin Jobs Vacancy in Perkins Will Washington
Perkins Will Washington urgently required following position for Construction Admin. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Construction Admin Jobs Vacancy in Perkins Will Washington Jobs Details:
Do you thrive in an environment of collaboration?
Do you have a passion for sustainability?
Do you show a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurship?
If yes, join us in changing the world through design!
We are looking for a Construction Administrator with Science + Technology experience to work at a client site in Bethesda, MD and support the on-site Project Architect. As a Construction Administrator on the Perkins+Will team, you will:
- Have a strong technical knowledge of construction materials, building trades, means and methods, and the relationships among subcontractors, suppliers and manufacturers.
- Be the primary point of contact for the Contractor and Owner's site representatives and other agents employed by the Owner (Construction Manager, etc.,) with being involved in submittal reviews, documents interpretations (RFI’s / questions), and construction observations to verify that the requirements of the construction contract are being maintained.
- Have strong working knowledge of BIM systems and other software employed in the documentation.
- Review and know the contents of the Architect/Owner agreement and all deliverables within.
- Review and know and understand the contents of Owner-Contractor agreements along with a knowledge and understanding of the OAA documents and master specifications
- Rigorously enforce the design intent implicit in the Architect's prepared Contract Documents (Drawings and Specifications), as well as have a working knowledge of the engineering design intent through documents prepared by consulting disciplines.
- Be able to effectively represent the interests of the Owner, the Architectural Firm, and the supporting Engineering Consultants during the construction phase.
- Participate in Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) Progress Meetings.
- Support Continuing Education Sessions for office staff in basic CCA and project specific examples.
- Support on-site Project Architect
- Utilize your rock star technical skills in Revit and other design application software
- Work hard, play hard, and learn a lot along the way!
- Professional Degree in Architecture or Architectural Technology
- 5- 10 years of experience
- Be able to travel to construction/project sites as required
- Advanced knowledge of construction contract administration policies, procedures and concepts
- Advanced knowledge of project design and construction documentation and construction materials
- Advanced knowledge of building codes, specifications, building systems and engineering systems
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; Revit strongly preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D