Scheduler Central Supply Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Newcastle Place Mequon
Newcastle Place Mequon urgently required following position for Scheduler Central Supply Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Scheduler Central Supply Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Newcastle Place Mequon Jobs Details:
This opportunity wears many hats...responsible for staffing for all skilled and assisted living community- 24 hours per day/ 7 days per week. This position has a high intensity of multitasking on a daily basis . The dual role of central supply consists of maintaining a level of supplies for our nursing areas...ordering, receiving, unpacking, labeling, stocking the units with products on a weekly basis.
The Nursing Personnel Coordinator shall be responsible for scheduling the nursing staff as well as providing support to the nursing department and assisting in office organization.
The Central Supply Coordinator shall maintain the central supply and central supply systems and will maintain the central supplies for the Health Center and residents.
Essential Job Duties as Nursing Personnel Coordinator:
- Scheduling for Health Center employees on a six-week schedule. Write, review and post accurate daily schedules on all three nursing units.
- Respond to employee requests for vacation and other time off. Grants time off based on the needs of the schedule and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update timekeeping system for all staff. Verify accuracy of timekeeping system and time sheets with schedule. Complete nursing department payroll accurately and on a timely basis. Distribute pay statements.
- Verify all Nursing Assistants are on the Wisconsin Nursing Assistant Registry and make sure all existing staff certifications are up-to-date.
- Monitor employee attendance records and reports any concern to the Director of Nursing in a timely manner adhering to the attendance policy and procedure.
- Communicate with nursing staff and report concerns to Director of Nursing or the ADON in the DON’s absence.
Essential Job Duties as Central Supply Coordinator:
- Establish and maintain an inventory list of all stocked nursing supplies. Monitor a tagging system for recording supply usage. Monitor and record amount of supplies used. Evaluate quality and cost of supplies on a periodic basis to maintain quality at the best price. Meet with suppliers as needed to review cost, type and availability of products. Order all supplies that relate to nursing services and approve all pending bills. Submit bills to the Business Office on a timely basis.
- Serves as liaison for equipment needs for residents, residents’ family and therapy.
- Evaluates new products.
- Handles computerized resident billing for Newcastle Place. Handles oxygen supply billing.
- Recommends capital purchases and coordinates obtaining bids.
- Inventory, order, check in and stock all merchandise ordered from vendors for residents who are eligible for supplies paid for by Medicare.
- Mark and stock supplies.
- Assist in interview process. Assist in new hire orientation and training.
- Assist in coordinating events in the Nursing Office; make appointments, follow-up calls, post notices of department events, send reminders to staff and answer questions about department’s events.
- Monitors warranties/life span of products: makes recommendations for new/replacement products; obtains bids for completion of nursing capital purchase requests.
- All employees are expected to respond to emergency situations involving the safety of residents, other employees and our physical plant. This includes the ability to assist with a possible evacuation of residents.
- All employees are responsible to adhere to all facility policy and procedures as they relate to compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Medicare Compliance. All employees are responsible to ensure that any Protected Health Information and Medicare Compliance Information that he/she comes in contact with is maintained in a confidential manner.
- Abide by emergency, safety and health regulations. Eliminate or report all hazardous conditions as they occur.
- Abide by all rules and policies set forth by the company and department.
- Attends in-service training and education session, as required.
- Employees are responsible to perform any other duties as assigned.
- Employees are expected to embrace a culture of hospitality and follow the 10 Hospitality Promises.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience with central supply operations, preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively and perform simple arithmetic. Ability to document care given.
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively with residents, families and staff. Must use sound judgment, works well under pressure and possesses strong organizational skills.