District Sales Manager Field Based Jobs Vacancy in Sage Publishing Remote
Sage Publishing Remote urgently required following position for District Sales Manager Field Based. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
District Sales Manager Field Based Jobs Vacancy in Sage Publishing Remote Jobs Details:
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Focus team’s attention on competitive takeaway sales opportunities, convert largest rollovers targets into new editions, and actively manage revenue through sell-through strategies such as bundling, custom, and inclusive access programs. Meet and exceed yearly sales goals within assigned district.
- Work closely with assigned reps to develop requisite selling skills & best practices to ensure short & long-term success. Provide account, adoption, and territory management coaching based on individual needs of reps within the district.
Manage productivity by holding reps accountable for exceeding department standards including the quantity & quality of sales calls, rep feedback, product demos, etc.
- Travel extensively on campus trips with assigned reps during the key selling seasons. Demonstrate skills and best practices in customer interactions. Provide coaching and feedback during trips and in post-trip follow up to ensure ongoing skill development.
- Monitor tracking of adoptions and report on team progress during the key selling seasons at the territory and title level. Provide regular reports to senior management team on progress against goal.
- Promote “team-selling” culture by coordinating the activities of sales specialists, marketing managers, and other internal stakeholders to best support sales opportunities and training needs within assigned district.
- Provide training, coaching, ongoing support and strategic selling support of any direct report by working in tandem during key selling periods through telephone contact, field travel and via regularly scheduled training sessions during primary selling seasons.
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with all direct reports on a regular basis to review key selling activities, results, and training needs.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring and initial training of newly hired sales representatives within the department. Help with product and systems training, territory management, sampling strategy, effective calling techniques of sales team members as time permits and especially during non-campus calling periods.
- Communicate territory and market feedback via monthly reports to senior management during all key selling months. Attend sales and marketing meetings on behalf of sales department on regular basis in person or via conference call.
- Manage controllable expenses such as T&E and Sampling activity for the assigned district.
- Continually review and proactively manage the overall performance of all employees. Complete required performance appraisals for direct reports on a timely fashion (180 Day and annual). Review progress with staff toward qualitative and quantitative goals regularly and work closely with individual staff member, management team, HR department when performance improvement issues arise.
- Submit monthly report to senior management that provides contextualized analysis of key metrics and data points for the district. Monthly reports should provide a snapshot of district performance on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Create a district business plan at the beginning of each calendar year and provide updates on progress in monthly reports as appropriate.
- Gain and maintain product and market knowledge for assigned product lines through editorial, author, marketing and customer communication. Communicate market feedback and product information with editorial and marketing staff, authors, and customers.
- Report on market conditions and provide market intelligence on competition on a regular basis. Help to devise strategic initiatives to help position SAGE products successfully within marketplace
- Ensure assigned reps are tracking sales opportunities in CRM so they can be prioritized to maximize closed business.
- Oversee assigned reps’ pipelines in CRM and coach accordingly to ensure the quality and accuracy of forecasting.
- Manage assigned reps’ sampling activity within the district during dedicated campus planning periods, as well as just-in-time sampling based on new class schedules during the key selling seasons.
Conference Attendance/Business Travel
- Limited travel may be required to assist at conventions. Assist the set up and break down of booth as requested and conduct sales of products at booth.
- Heavy travel is required to make campus sales visits primarily with assigned reps, but also with other internal partners on an occasional basis. Travel might also involve solo campus visits to sell on behalf of reps as needed.
- Represent and act as ambassador for SAGE Publications at conferences and campus/ account meetings.
- Interact professionally with authors and customers
- Provide excellent customer service when dealing with potential or existing customers by providing requested exam copies, desk and instructor resource materials, and information in a timely manner
- Assist the Director of Sales in creation and development of special projects, including campus planning, CRM development and bookstore initiatives, as defined and assigned.
- Involvement in planning and delivering sessions at department meetings and at bi-annual Sales Meetings
Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s degree with evidence of high academic achievement.
- 6 years sales experience required
- 3+ years successful sales experience with consecutive years of goal achievement in higher education publishing required.
- Consistent and proven ability to secure unit and committee adoptions within highly competitive introductory courses. Proven ability to sell digital products.
- Strong work ethic (workload regularly exceeds 50 hours/week during peak selling seasons and must be willing to work hours based upon assigned geography)
- Must possess strong computer application skills and must possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, database applications and PowerPoint. Must have high level of proficiency working with CRM applications with experience with analyzing sales pipeline data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including excellent public presentation skills and ability to demonstrate technology/print products in person or electronically via applications such as WebEx or LiveMeeting.
- Superior time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Creative , competitive, strategic and persistent sales demeanor
- Ethical and honest in all business relations
- Previous experience working in a direct supervisory of sales staff within higher education is highly preferred. Experience as a sales specialist working with a team assisting direct sales efforts will be considered in lieu of direct managerial/supervisory experience.
- Experience working with learning management systems and other digital platforms within the higher education space is preferred.