Community Health Education Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Salt Lake County West Jordan
Salt Lake County West Jordan urgently required following position for Community Health Education Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Health Education Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Salt Lake County West Jordan Jobs Details:
Coordinates countywide community health education activities for the agency. Promotes health-related community outreach, organizes and builds coalitions to address population-based public health goals.
Bachelor's Degree in Health Promotion, Health Education, Community or Public Health Education, Behavioral Science and Health with an emphasis in Health Education, plus two (2) years of related experience. OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) is preferred.
Must have a valid driver's license at the time of hire and reliable means of transportation.
It is mandatory all new hires receive the Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria & Pertussis) vaccine before beginning employment or provide a copy of their immunization card prior to starting. The immunization card must show the vaccine name and date received.
Applicants must be prepared to demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Coordinates activities of Health Promotion staff to meet the requirements of State and Federal grant contracts.
- Assists in developing, planning and implementing county-wide health education, behavior risk reduction and outreach programs.
- Assesses health education needs and priorities of various populations using appropriate assessment tools.
- Monitors and evaluates program compliance and program budgets with grants and contracts expectations.
- Coordinates collection of data measuring effectiveness against established program criteria, integrity and compliance.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates community health programs, guiding community leaders to address population based health issues.
- Provides training to program staff about needed health promotion topics.
- Helps management team with organizing and sustaining community Health Coalitions.
- Provides connections between Salt Lake County Health Department and community groups and coalitions.
- Recruits membership to community health coalitions among Government agencies, Healthcare organizations, businesses, community, educational, special interest groups, and the general public.
- Develops and prepares required reports, documents, statistical information, and presentations.
- Assists in developing accurate and credible press releases, public service announcements and developing health information.
- Responds as part of the Department Emergency Communications Team.