Prevention Health Advocate Syringe Exchange Programs Youth Jobs Vacancy in Acr Health Syracuse
- Prevention Health Advocate Syringe Exchange Programs Youth
- Acr Health
- Syracuse NY
- 15 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Acr Health Syracuse urgently required following position for Prevention Health Advocate Syringe Exchange Programs Youth. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Prevention Health Advocate Syringe Exchange Programs Youth Jobs Vacancy in Acr Health Syracuse Jobs Details:
ACR Health is a not-for-profit, community-based organization providing a range of support services to individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, asthma, substance use disorders, and serious mental illnesses, and targeted prevention and sexual health services to individuals, from youth through adulthood with the goal of positive health outcomes. We are currently hiring for a Prevention Health Advocate, Young IDU division in our busy Syracuse, NY office.
In order to be considered:
Submit a cover letter with your application that includes:
- Why you are interested in the position
- Outlines how you will use your qualifications to excel at the position’s responsibilities
The PHA primary responsibilities are:
- Conduct enhanced outreach in the community, targeting high-risk sub-populations of individuals to promote and facilitate access to HIV counseling and testing services, individual and group level HIV/STD/HCV education and risk reduction counseling, and other HIV prevention interventions and supportive services.
- Implementation of designated interventions outlined in assigned work plan(s).
- Recruitment of peer educators and clients for the designated program(s) services (e.g. IDI’s, IDG’s, HIV, STD and Hepatitis C screening).
- Maintain an active caseload of 12-20 individual participants for Linkage & Navigation Services.
- Provides individuals with Protocol Based Counseling activities, including: counseling, risk assessment and development of a corresponding risk reduction plan, testing for HIV/STI/HCV antibodies, and referrals for HIV/STI/HCV-related services.
- Prepare all required reports and supporting data which relate to specific Syringe Exchange Programs department activities and as assigned by the Director of Syringe Exchange Programs. Complete accurate monthly, quarterly and/or annual report(s) within agency and departmental guidelines.
- Attend community provider meetings/committees that address target population(s) issues and concerns and act as agency liaison to these provider groups when appropriate.
- Identify and develop networking relationships with community based organizations.
Minimum Qualifications: Two-year degree in health/human services or other related field, or 3 years’ experience working in nonprofit social service agency providing direct client related services to diverse populations (e.g., persons of color, MSM, substance users, mentally ill, etc.) OR an equal combination of education/experience. Basic knowledge about HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted infections and viral hepatitis, and experience working with young gay men/YMSM, is helpful but not required. Experience delivering stigma-free, non-judgmental and culturally-competent services. Automobile with insurance and valid NYS driver’s license required. Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, chronic illness, LGTBQ issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR Health are essential.
Career development through ongoing trainings, individual development plans and goals.
Generous paid time off policy including four+ weeks’ vacation and 11 paid holidays
Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
403(b) retirement plan
Please, no phone calls. Only applicants selected for interviews will be called. We wish we could personally respond to each application but due to the volume of interest we receive, we are not able to.
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.
Job Type: Full-time
- Nonprofit: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)