Staff Analytical Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Noramco Athens
Noramco Athens urgently required following position for Staff Analytical Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Staff Analytical Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Noramco Athens Jobs Details:
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
This position’s key function is to conduct analytical research and development directed towards the development of new products. The Staff Analytical Scientist provides technical guidance, supervision, and mentorship to other scientists within the Research and Development department.
Responsibilities and Duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes method development, validation, and transfer of new methods to Noramco Quality Control Laboratories. Conduct research pertaining to maintenance and improvement of existing methods.
- Performs analytical research necessary to ensure the identity, purity, quality and strength of materials, by following established test methods and procedures and developing new test methods and procedures where necessary.
- Highly proficient in executing analytical techniques and operating analytical equipment (such as HPLC, GC, HPLC/MS, GC/MS, X-Ray Diffraction, Particle Size Laser Diffraction, NMR, IR), troubleshoots complex equipment issues and independently interprets spectra and data results. Has advanced knowledge of theory and applications of these techniques. Expected to train others on complexities of most instruments typical in this area.
- Evaluates new technologies and instrumentation and identifies applications within existing Noramco products and new products.
- Authors technical documentation including source documents for regulatory filings. Technical writing includes recommendations that are data based and technically-sound, requiring minimal to no corrections
- Maintains and provides notebooks, records, reports, action/check lists and documentation which are current, legible, readily understood, complete and accurate to ensure compliance with established procedures and specifications, and are verifiable as required or requested.
- Independently plans, designs and conducts research of a complex nature. May involve analysis of situations or data which require an in-depth evaluation of various identifiable factors in one or more areas. Summarizes, presents and defends finding as required. Makes contributions to scientific literature and conferences within business limitations.
- Serves as the analytical lead on cross-functional project teams.
- Reviews and approves analytical protocols and reports in concert with work assignments.
- Provides analytical advice and consultation on complex analytical chemistry technical issues.
- On a project basis, coordinates the procurement, installation and calibration of laboratory instruments, equipment and supplies to ensure reliable, prompt, precise and accurate test data. This activity shall include setup, IQ, OQ and PQ of new equipment. Where necessary evaluate vendor supplied qualification documentation ensure fit for use within regulatory guidelines.
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned by R&D Management.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive understanding and full mastery level of knowledge of computerized data acquisition, analysis and handling techniques to ensure reliable, prompt, precise and accurate test data using established methods and procedures.
- Maintains an adequately supplied, properly cleaned and safe laboratory to minimize test delays, test errors and mishaps by using good laboratory and housekeeping practices.
- Ability to make independent decisions within general guidelines and to work under minimal supervision.
- Minimally maintains a basic knowledge of organic chemistry.
- Maintain and comply with all regulatory programs and guidelines to ensure that all current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) requirements are met.
- Observes and promotes all regulatory requirements as defined per applicable regulations, rules and procedures established by Noramco.
- Must be available for overtime work on a scheduled or emergency basis.
- Remains current in skills and industry trends.
Provides technical supervision to analytical scientists within Research and Development.
Qualifications and Skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- M.S. Degree in Chemistry or related science. Ph.D. is highly preferred.
- 8 years of related experience in instrumental and wet chemical techniques required. Knowledge of solid-state analytical techniques is highly preferred.
- Full mastery level of knowledge of cGMP/cGLP regulations in the pharmaceutical industry required.
- Read, analyze, and interpret the moderately complex documents.
- Ability to write highly complex analytical reports, routine business correspondence and technical procedural instructions/manuals.
- Creates presentations and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Makes effective and persuasive presentations on highly controversial or complex topics.
- Apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variable in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Work with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in highly complex phases.
OTHER SKILLS ABILITIES OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced knowledge of analytical instrumentation use and routine preventative maintenance. Ability to trouble-shoot highly complex instrumentation malfunctions following ICMS investigation protocols.
- Use computer software and customize programs to meet business needs, including word processing and mathematical applications.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to production.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Demonstrated successful experience with analytical method development and validation of analytical methods.
- Experience in at least 3 of the following techniques: HPLC, LC-MS, GC, Particle Size Analysis, XRPD.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Must have fine motor skills to perform precise laboratory manipulations.
- The employee is occasionally required to: climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move up 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to qualify for respiratory protective equipment use, and must be able to smell surrounding environments.
Job Type: Full-time
- knowledge of solid-state analytical techniques: 8 years
- related instrumental and wet chemical techniques: 8 years
Required work authorization:
- United States