Research Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Battelle National Biodefense Institute Frederick
Battelle National Biodefense Institute Frederick urgently required following position for Research Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Battelle National Biodefense Institute Frederick Jobs Details:
The National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center (NBACC) is a Department of Homeland Security federal laboratory (DHS) sponsored by the DHS Science and Technology Directorate and operated by the Battelle National Biodefense Institute, LLC (BNBI).
Provides technical and laboratory experience in the conduct of bioforensic assays such as ELISA, biological activity testing, mass spectrometry, and other analytical chemistry methods to support assay development and bioforensic casework at NBACC in BSL-2 and BSL-3 containment laboratories. Supports the development, evaluation, validation, and execution of these assays. Conducts the analysis and reporting of assay results during bioforensic casework.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline or engineering, and less than 2 years of related experience.
- Basic scientific proficiency in laboratory functions. Possesses the ability to identify issues with laboratory protocols, procedures, and experimental plans.
- Proficiency and clarity of oral and written communications are essential.
- Exemplary organizational skills with a proven track record of working effectively both independently and as a team player.
- Knowledge or experience with biocontainment facilities and procedures, laboratory safety, biosurety, and decontamination desirable.
- Skills and experience to support laboratory activities and work in accordance with NBACC’s management system (e.g., ISO).
- Must be a citizen of the United States, able to obtain an interim secret clearance leading to a top secret clearance, suitability for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), a favorable adjudication of the Department of Justice (DoJ) for select agent access, and enrollment in the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP). Current clearance(s) desirable.
- Participation in the Immunization Program through Corporate Occupational Health Solutions, LLC (CorpOHS) is required.
- Required to participate in NBACC’s alternative work and/or on-call schedule, dependent upon business needs.
- Participates in the development and conduct of antigen capture ELISAs, competitive immunoassays, cell-free biological activity assays, cell/animal-based biological activity assays and analytical chemistry techniques for the identification of antigens and biological toxins.
- Assists in the compilation of data, data analysis and preparation of analytical reports.
- Collaborates with a team of scientists to develop and implement standard operating protocols.
- Supports development and performance of bioforensic assays within an ISO 17025 accredited program.
- Performs laboratory analyses in BSL-2 and BSL-3 laboratories with appropriate training.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment. Has little or no role in decision making, normally receives detailed instructions on all work, works under close supervision, and knows when to request assistance.
- Maintains a safe work environment by participating in specialized training and review of safety manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Identifies departures from the Quality Management System (QMS) and initiates actions to investigate and prevent such occurrences.
- Operates, maintains, and characterizes the performance of the equipment with minimal supervision.
- Ensures that equipment, reagents and supplies are maintained and used properly.
- Maintains appropriate records.
- Performs other assigned duties.
BNBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.