Assistant Recruitment Jobs Vacancy in Harris County Houston
Harris County Houston urgently required following position for Assistant Recruitment. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Recruitment Jobs Vacancy in Harris County Houston Jobs Details:
Under general direction of a Human Resources Manager, the incumbent will contribute to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engages with department's Hiring Managers to establish a common understanding of the recruiting processes
- Creates, revises, and/or edits job descriptions using a competency based job template
- Posts and monitors job vacancies, screens application through applicant tracking system
- Identifies qualified candidates, conducts screening interviews, and coordinates on-site interviews with Hiring Managers
- Advises and consults with the hiring managers on hiring decisions, job offer negotiations, and market trends within the industry
- Provides on-going follow up with managers to provide updates and gather feedback on talent submissions and interviews
- Contacts selected candidates on behalf of the hiring department and makes job offers, follows up with offer letters.
- Coordinates start information with HR Team and notifies departments when new hires are cleared to start
- Schedules and attend career fairs to source talent
- Creates and/or coordinates with the Media Group recruitment advertising such as flyers, brochures, posters, etc.
- Orders and maintains promotional give away items for job fairs and networking events
- Coordinates pre-employment skills testing for applicants
- Coordinates with academy on pre-employment testing schedule for certified positions
- Keeps abreast of new trends on Human Resources applications and systems.
- Keeps abreast of new version releases and improvements to the applicant tracking system and assists with user training when required
- Assists with business and performance analysis
- Perform other duties as required
- Associate's Degree and a minimum of four years (4) of professional experience in Human Resources Recruitment including but not limited to applicant tracking systems, job requisition, job positing, application review, and pre-employment testing
- A High School diploma or GED and six (6) years of required experience will substitute for Associate's degree
- Must have experience with job promotion and networking including but not limited to creating advertising materials (flyers, brochures, posters), attending job fairs and networking events, online advertising and social media.
- Knowledge of Applicant tracking systems such as NeoGov or Taleo
- Knowledge of recruitment processes from application to hire
- Knowledge of Human Resources better business practices
- Must be highly proficient in the use of standard office software programs such as MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint Publisher and Outlook
- Strong communications skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Database management and record keeping skills
- Ability to:
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Gather and analyze information skillfully and produce reports
- Learn and execute new business and systems processes swiftly and skillfully
- Plan, prioritize and balance the work of several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with recruitment strategies that will attract top talent
- Collaborate with HCSO departments, local agencies, and general public in a professional and courteous manner
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Must pass the Administrative Staff Skills test with a minimum overall score of 85% and a typing speed of 40 w.p.m with 85% accuracy
- Qualified candidates will receive an e-mail request with instructions to take the HCSO Administrative Staff Skills test. Candidates that fail to take the test within the allowed time frame (5 business days from notice) will be disqualified.
Please note: The HCSO Administrative Skills Test score can only be taken once, every six (6) months. Existing test scores will automatically upload when applying to any position that requires this test.
Current HCSO employees will be given preferred consideration if deemed qualified.
Meeting minimum qualifications will not guarantee an interview or a selection for hire.
- Degree in Human Resources or business related field
- Human Resources Certifications
- Previous Human Resources experience in a government agency
- Experience and proficiency with NeoGov applicant tracking system preferably in an Administrator capacity
- Experience using Adobe products to create forms and advertising materials
The following documents will be required for background investigation, to expedite the recruitment process make sure to upload/attach copies of these documents to your application:
- Proof of citizenship or proof of authorization to work and reside in the U.S. (birth or naturalization certificate, permanent residency card)
- State issued Driver's License and copy of auto liability insurance
- Social Security Card
- Proof of education (copy of High School Diploma or G.E.D., copy of college transcripts - If hired a sealed official copy of college transcripts will be required)