Financial Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Coconino County Flagstaff
Coconino County Flagstaff urgently required following position for Financial Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Financial Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Coconino County Flagstaff Jobs Details:
As an award- winning organization with high regard for cultural diversity and the positive contributions of the many thriving cultures within our county, our nation, and our society. Coconino County leads a variety of initiatives that celebrate diversity; form our Annual Diversity Day, and monthly Heritage Lunch & Learns, to book clubs and professional development academies which target diverse workforce segments, Coconino County's respect for diversity is shared throughout the organization.
Under limited supervision performs work of moderate difficulty preparing, processing, verifying and reconciling budgetary and fiscal documentation; performs related work as assigned.
- Prepares and maintains accounting and other records
- Audits projected revenues and expenditures
- Verifies transactions and reconciles discrepancies
- Arranges and coordinates accounting services for various projects
- Reconciles departmental accounts
- Researches information and prepares reports
- Responds to requests for information related to assigned area
- Frequent interaction with employees, other agencies and the public through various media
- May be responsible for payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, and special districts
- May supervise bookkeeping or clerical staff
- May effect collections of fines and fees
- May prepare invoices
- May audit travel claims for compliance with travel policies
- May handle and account for cash in various amounts
- May prepare and perform check run
Four years of general bookkeeping experience or three years of governmental fund
accounting experience; or, any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: A cover letter and resume must be submitted with the application in order to be considered complete.
The ideal candidate will have experience with accounting practices and principles when acting as a representative payee for incapacitated adults.
Preferred qualifications include previous experience in working with incapacitated adults as well as accounting practices and principles.
This position is non-exempt from overtime.
- Considerable knowledge of:
- Governmental accounting principles and practices
- Automated accounting systems
- File maintenance procedures and practices
- Data entry and verification procedures
- County policies and procedures, statuettes and guidelines related to assigned area
- Office practices and procedures
- Principles and practices of supervision
- Skill in:
- Performing and verifying mathematical computations
- Using computerized budget/financial tracking and reporting programs and other software programs related area work
- Use of office equipment
- Ability to:
- Meet deadlines
- Establish and maintain computerized filing systems
- Prepare and maintain financial records
- Format and generate revenue, spending and costing reports
- Work safely and support the culture of workplace safety
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing