Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Metopera
Metopera urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Metopera Jobs Details:
The Metropolitan Opera (the “Met”), located in Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, is one of New York’s premier cultural institutions. The Met’s foremost goal is to present the highest quality performance of the opera repertory featuring the world’s most talented artists, conductors, stage directors and designers. The Met is committed to presenting works from the broadest range of the operatic repertory; and each season it stages more than 200 performances of opera. With groundbreaking technology like Met titles, live national and international broadcasts and simulcasts, educational programs for students and aspiring singers and free concert performances, the Met endeavors to expand and educate the audience for opera by championing the accessibility of the art form and fostering its growth.
The Met seeks an experienced Administrative Assistant who will be directly responsible for providing support to the Supernumeraries department through a variety of administrative duties.
- Complete administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, email/memo writing, and mass communications.
- Manage Supernumeraries at rehearsals and performances, as assigned.
- Communicate daily information to other departments to support successful coordination at rehearsals and performances.
- Assist in preparing weekly schedules for Supernumeraries and sending schedule change notifications.
- Create daily sign-in sheets.
- Input payroll and finance data.
- Support the Administrator of Supernumeraries in the daily coordination and tasks of the department.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
Successful candidates will have:
- 1-2 years prior administrative experience, ability to multitask a must.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and experience with databases
- Familiarity with the performing arts preferred
- Strong communication and mathematics skills
- Ability to work with many personality types
- Flexible schedule, with the ability to work some weekends
- Ability to maintain good humor, calm, and accuracy in a fast-paced work environment
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include “Administrative Assistant, Supernumeraries” in subject line.
E-mail (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org