Clerk The Works Jobs Vacancy in City Stamford Stamford
City Stamford Stamford urgently required following position for Clerk The Works. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Clerk The Works Jobs Vacancy in City Stamford Stamford Jobs Details:
Function of Job:
The potential candidate will perform engineering review, general project and construction management and/or inspection of work of more than ordinary difficulty on various capital projects. Work will consist of, but may not be entirely limited to civil, transportation related projects, specifically related to roadway, intersection, and public-right-of-way projects. Performs project and field management, community relations and fiscal oversight.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, monitor and inspect work of construction contractor for assigned projects on behalf of the City of Stamford, Transportation, Traffic and Parking Bureau.
- Review contract documents, construction drawings and specifications in order to maintain familiarity with assigned projects and insure construction contractor's full understanding of documents.
- Review design consultant plans and provide comments on conformance/non-conformance to Traffic Engineer.
- Act as liaison between design consultant, contractor, and other State agencies.
- Conduct on-site observation and spot-checks of work in progress.
- Ensure contract compliance by the contractor, such as conducting tests specified in contract and installing materials/equipment as specified in contract, and report any deviation to Traffic Engineer, design consultant and contractor.
- Provide reports on all on-site matters, including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns, and causes for delay.
- Maintain job-site files, documents, reports and daily log; prepare periodic reports for City managers and design consultant as required.
- Attend all job-site meetings in conjunction with Traffic Engineer.
- Receive, record, present for approval, and maintain custody of samples submitted by construction contract.
- Receives and reviews certified payrolls for compliance, including all subcontractors.
- Review requests for progress payments submitted by construction contractor provide all required paperwork to CTDOT.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret project plans, engineering drawings, specifications, codes, and other material pertinent to construction.
- Working knowledge of roadway components and systems.
- Knowledge of construction materials, means and methods.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal codes, such as, OSHA, MPT, Traffic Safety, Life Safety and hazardous materials.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
- Ability to wear/use personal protective equipment as needed on construction site.
- Proficient with computers (MS Office) a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in building science, traffic engineering, architecture or related field and four years of related experience or an Associate's degree in construction technology, building science, traffic engineering or a related field and six years of related experience in roadway construction in capacity a such as project manager.
- Professional engineering licenses.
- Experience in a municipal or government setting.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $71,966.00 to $107,949.00 /year
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)